Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power steering in my 05’ F250 will growl/grown every now and then when I’m pulling into or out of a parking space and there is a lot or turning going on. Would flushing the hydroboost system help with this?

It reminds of how a standard power steering pumps sounds when it’s low on fluid, or the belt is slipping. Is that normal for those Hydroboost systems?

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,847 Posts
i've never heard mine groan, but i bet clean fluid would help you out. might consider Ford's atf additive with it. lots of people have a strong opinion one way or the other with it though lol
i think its called motorcraft xl3 friction modifier
...not that it will fix anything, but it might halt any damage that got the groaning started...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way, flushing mine was one of my favorite things i've done so far lol, made braking and turning both easier!
I'm going to give it a shot this weekend....hopefully it helps!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I ran about 3 qts of Mobil1 ATF through the system until it started coming out clean looking. Unfortunately, it didn't make a big of different. It's still a little noisy when I'm turning the week.

What's the next step? Replace hydroboost pump?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you spin the wheels AND pump the brakes? it took me closer to 2 gallons of fluid before it came out clean. believe i went through 7 qts.
Nope...didn't pump the brakes. Sounds like I'll be buying some more Mobil1 ATF and doing it again soon :wink:

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts