Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my dual stage and im going to get it put in for a dyno pull Saturday. Itll be a good chance to make some rich kids with Dmaxes cry.

Would you guys do 1 or 2 pulls with juice on the stock tranny and no traction bars? If so what size jet do you reccomend. I know im skipping a cpl steps here but the fact that a dyno is ONLY going to be 65 miles away is too tempting.

From what i can gather i only realistically have time for one shot and i just wanna see what its like and get up around 700hp just to say i did it. Ill be running either the spartan 310 or kem 345. My main concern is keeping the truck together/driving home. If its not smart to spray then thats just one less thing to get done this week.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
The fact that you dont have traction bars kinda worries me, but you have a two peice driveline in the back right? I dont think anything would bind up, but after beastpower's trans exploded it makes me wonder.

What i did for the DPC was 3 small stages of spray, to keep things living longer if you do say a .70 jet and a .093 jet it should bring it up slow enoug not to hurt anything.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Agree with above...

only I would want to know what the orifice size is on the solenoids before deciding on jetting.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Good point, and the solenoids on my truck were maxed out, i ran .073, .073, and .093 on my stages, and really you can feel them, but its not like a massive power gain.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fact that you dont have traction bars kinda worries me, but you have a two peice driveline in the back right? I dont think anything would bind up, but after beastpower's trans exploded it makes me wonder.

What i did for the DPC was 3 small stages of spray, to keep things living longer if you do say a .70 jet and a .093 jet it should bring it up slow enoug not to hurt anything.
Yea 2 piece, and beastpowers's thread is what really has me concerned. So how do you hit 2 sprays in the short amount of time at WOT. The first stage is going to be activated at WOT by a TPS sensor. The other is a manual switch. Im really an idiot when it comes to juice, the first time i seen a bottle was when i went to Rudys a few weeks ago..... kinda geograpically isolated from the NO2. Ppl around here just dont get into HP as much any more.

What would JUST running a .70 jet do? If it doesnt hit 700 w/o getting real aggresive then i can live with it. I wouldve had traction bars already but i think Farmboys got swamped when TS was comming up and i didnt want to get in someones way that needed them.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree with above...

only I would want to know what the orifice size is on the solenoids before deciding on jetting.
Well ill try to help but now im lost. The line going in is -4AN and the line coming out is -3AN.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Just max out the solenoids as long as they're under .92 and you will probably be ok.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Well ill try to help but now im lost. The line going in is -4AN and the line coming out is -3AN.
That doesn't answer much. Maybe let us know what brand/kit/etc you're running and someone with the kit might know off the top of their head... otherwise we'll have to look it up.

You want your JET to be the restriction (smaller then solenoid)... that way the nitrous is injected properly.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
some 3an line will flow like over .110 i think just depends, the part number on the solenoid will tell you how big they are.

All you gotta do is hit the WOT switch, then 1 second later hit the second stage. Any idea what brand dyno it is?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Here is what you need to focus on for when you go

NItrous jets, start small, work up to it, 6.4's can take more nitrous even if there is little or no smoke.

Bottle pressure try to get to 1000 psi of pressure, if you dont have a guage try to keep the bottle around 92 degrees roughly, If you dont have a bottle heater put the truck in the cab on the floor and crank the heat right on the bottle, that usually works well, or get a heating pad and inverter to plug in.

If you get a couple runs try the first stage so you get a feel for it, then do the two stages, hit WOT if you have to count outloud 1 or 2 seconds then hit the next stage.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Yeah by then, it's about over LOL

Good advice.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the basic diesel kit from zex with an extra solenoid, bottle heater and a purge. One solenoid is not listed on the invoice but the other one is as follows

NS6642 Solenoid HI-Flow Nitrous

I think the other one is different but i dont have it in front of me :doh:

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah by then, it's about over LOL

Yea but id rather have 2 secs of great sex with a dime, than 2 hours of it with a dead fish. Hopefully the same goes for the truck. LOL

·
Registered
485 Posts
The 6642 solenoid is what I run they have an internal orifice size of .110 Just make certain to have enough boost and rpm rolling before you start spraying. Don't wanna end up looking like my avatar.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 6642 solenoid is what I run they have an internal orifice size of .110 Just make certain to have enough boost and rpm rolling before you start spraying. Don't wanna end up looking like my avatar.
I would cry, and then post the vid on here.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would cry, and then post the vid on here.
Really you should be fine with how fast the stock turbos come up on boost. Just go easy on the jetting to begin with and work up in size. Once you spray nitrous a couple times it becomes pretty addicting. Let us know how it goes.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ill prolly only do a fuel only run and 2 NO2 runs. Im thinking ill use a .70 jet and another .70 just to be safe. But when the tranny and traction bars come in, well... yall know how that goes.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
For hitting the second stage i wouldnt wait that long, when i dynoed mine at the DPC i hit both at the same time, prob not the best idea but it was kinda reaction, i would hit the second stage right after the other one though, it should make some good numbers

·
Registered
653 Posts
I only sprayed a .062 and a .088 to get my numbers. Not sure what my bottle pressure was at but the heaters were on for a while prior to the run. I have the the zex race kit as well.

As far as when to spray, with a stock trans it might be wise to wait on stage number 2 for a half second or around 2400-2500rpm's.

When I sprayed for my 813 I hit the second stage a split second after WOT, below 2200rpm's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts