Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've had my truck for about a year, and decided it was about time to start doing some mods etc. It's a 7.3 99.5. I'm 3rd owner, whoever was the was the second owner I believe did some fucky things.

I was thinking about getting the hydra tuner etc, so knew I'd need some gauges, etc. So I started digging around in engine bay and realized the wastegate solenoid and vacuum harness is gone. After looking further and realized I have no wastegate actuator. The turbo was replaced with a remanufactured one and a "performance" exhaust housing according the the paperwork I have in 2018. I can hear it spool up when I get on it.

The arm on the internal wastegate is still there, and I've tried pushing on it and the tab to see if it moves, and doesn't seem like there's any movement and of course you can't really see anything back there.

So wtf? I know some people remove the vacuum line off the actuator, but I'm at a loss at this point. Obviously holding off on any mods till further inspection. Any idea's on why someone would do this?

·
Registered
2000 Ford F-250 diesel 6 spd manual
24 Posts
Im not 100% sure but on my 2000 someone had the waste gate was unplugged when I bought it and it was cause it would give it more power. But that's what the guy told why he did it. Idk if that's true or not but that's just my experience with it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
You sure it's not the EBPV?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sure it's not the EBPV?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Tried to upload pictures, but on mobile right now. Anyway, I'm 100% sure it's not the EBPV. Although it does look like EBPV delete might have been done, not a 100%, need to look closer at a stock truck. It did get a new pedistal with the turbo.

Behind the turbo is the mounting bracket for the wastegate regulator, which is not there. The arm would normally run over to the exhaust side. The tab and part that would normally thread/adjust with the regulator is still there.

I'm not sure if they welded the wastegate shut or installed a stronger spring, but why remove the regulator then? Just unhook the vacuum line.

It's mostly a stock struck, no ccv mod, intake heater core is still there, etc. So this isn't really making sense to me. Guess I need to try and pull this apart to see what they did.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts