Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally decided to bite the bullet, I've been wanting black rims for quite some time and my rear rims looked like hell after 200k miles of rocks bouncing around inside them so i sanded them down and painted them all black, removed the nerf bars and painted my mirror covers, im currently waiting on the paint to dry on the wheels so we should have pics shortly, if i like it the wheels will be going in for an acid dip and probably send them off to have them anodized

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

gimme ur honest opinion

·
kinda hot in these rhinos
2,481 Posts
Looks great, I would go with a less glossy finish on the wheels. The tires are really difficult to keep looking black on all different road surfaces, and I think a finish that isnt glossy black will match tires better, and be less obvious when the tires are dirty.

Kind of more of a subtle look.

Either way it looks great man, keep goin

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great, I would go with a less glossy finish on the wheels. The tires are really difficult to keep looking black on all different road surfaces, and I think a finish that isnt glossy black will match tires better, and be less obvious when the tires are dirty.

Kind of more of a subtle look.

Either way it looks great man, keep goin
thats kinda what i decided after i was done and had them on the pickup, if i decide to stay with it ill have a buddy at the body shop here n town strip them down and do them professionaly in matte black i think

·
kinda hot in these rhinos
2,481 Posts
I agree with Jeremy a little, but I think if the tires were clean/shined, it'd look awesome. Good job!
It would look good no doubt... im just sayin not everyone carries tire shine with em 24/7

btw i cannot believe you agree with a new englander...

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill shine the tires up tomorrow at work and hand wash the pickup and get some better pics for you guys

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think it needs a set of black pipe steps, ill see if i can find a pic to reference a few guys on here have them, i'll build a set shortly if i decide i want them

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Lookin good Dillon, best mods are the ones you can do yourself for cheap/free.

haha, thats one for the record books there LOL

i think it needs a set of black pipe steps, ill see if i can find a pic to reference a few guys on here have them, i'll build a set shortly if i decide i want them
Like the NFAB steps? or more of a nerf bar style?

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
I like it Dillon... Looks great

Is this what you tried to send me earlier and i accidentally rejected it

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it Dillon... Looks great

Is this what you tried to send me earlier and i accidentally rejected it
yup sure is, that's why i didn't send it back, figured u would be on later n see it

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Great work bud! Kinda agree with the others on the whole shine issue. With clean tires it would look badass though.

Now you really got me thinkin bout doin mine till I can afford some nice XD wheels

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would look good no doubt... im just sayin not everyone carries tire shine with em 24/7

whats the best stuff to use for tire shine, that armor all crap lasts like 5 min here with the dust, i want somthin that will shine them up and leave them glossy but isn't oily and leaves nasty residue, would white leter tires help kill some of the black?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Down here, there's a company I use to work for, they make their own detailing products. Their tires shine was almost like a clearcoat, it dries into a high gloss and doesnt catch dust much at all. It's nice.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Down here, there's a company I use to work for, they make their own detailing products. Their tires shine was almost like a clearcoat, it dries into a high gloss and doesnt catch dust much at all. It's nice.
u got a hook up jeret? id go for some of that

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
What did I tell ya Dillon looks killer man

1 - 20 of 50 Posts