Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All lights on truck work.
Trailer running/park lights not working, FUSES ARE GOOD!!!!!
Whats is working at 7 pin, L turn, R turn, stop, Aux. power, back up lites, and brakes.

The fuse that controls the running/park lights also does the trailer back up lights. Trailer back up lights work. :confused:

Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine ended up being a poor ground on truck's end, tapped into it near spare tire and grounded to frame.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
Check connector and current and ground, then check each of the offending bulbs and sockets. make sure somebody did not put bulbs in incorrectly. Also AK1 has a good point about ground so when checking each bulb you are checking ground. On mine I run a ground wire so I dont have to deal with grounding through the hitch like a lot of people do.

·
Registered
969 Posts
prob a ground issue of some kind

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Owener's manual doesn't show a relay for running/park lights.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:confused: Hooked up second ground, still no power at 7 pin for running lights.

·
throttle jockey
121 Posts
check the plug on your truck, mine did that a few weeks ago, had a poor connection. if that doesn't work you'll prly have to start tracing wires to make sure something didn't get into them

·
Registered
74 Posts
The relay for trailer park lamps on my 99 is under the dash, between the radio and steering column, low..... PTA to get to. If you have installed the trailer tow package/brake controller harness.... where it plugs into the truck harness under the dash, it's in the same 3-4" space.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the dash apart this morning. Relay fell out. Put it back in place and lights are working. No clue how it came out.

Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You have separate fuses for trailer lights, in case you didn't know. You can have all lights working on the truck, and no signal/brake/running lights on trailer....

Ah, just read your last post, glad you got it fixed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts