Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopped in my truck yesterday that was garaged overnight and half the previous day although it wasn't plugged in it wouldn't start, I didn't try too long to get it started and knew it would eventually fire up after repeatedly turning it over but hate doing that and because I had another vehicle I could use and had to get somewhere. The idiot gauge said it as 55 degrees inside (I know that they are not completely accurate but I know mine is pretty close and this is not the only time it has acted up at these temperatures) Battery's are strong and pretty new, recently changed air/oil filters,oil, and replaced gpr last winter. I know the glow plugs are no good but could it be something else also? I mean 55 degrees come on that's pretty sad if psd's need working glow plugs at that temperature I would think! maybe I'm wrong but was curious if it could be something else, thanks for any input.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
My vote is for glow plugs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
sounds like the glow plugs to me,you are probobaly still running the original set,how many miles,160,xxx +?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts