Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
jrf350
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pcm went bad and we changed it it ran fine for a week then today i started the truck it fired right up like usual then it was sitting there warming up and it hicuped maybe twice then smothed out and a few minutes later hicuped again and died tried to restart it and no wait to start light no tach movement and no start turns over great but nothing. took a cumputer and idm out of running truck and no change . truck has newer icp cps glow plugs and only about 9000 miles on a rebuilt motor please help im lost

·
jrf350
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i was wrong it didn,t die it hicuped a couple times and we shut it down and it wont start any ideas

·
jrf350
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 94 zf5 f350 cclb with 214000 miles on the truck and 9000 on motor

·
Modded by a Chevy Express
425 Posts
Have you checked all the fuses? The fuel heater can short out in the filter bowl. It will pop fuse 22 in the underhood power box. Without no PCM power, you won't have a WTS light or tach movement, but the starter will still roll over.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you are not getting a WTS light, check underhood fuse #22 (with a meter ... don't just look at it) and if it has blown, unplug the fuel heater, replace the fuse and try again. Cheers!

·
jrf350
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks it was #22 FUSE I thought i checked em all but i musta missed that one truck is running again thanks again

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If you didn't disconnect the fuel heater as Patrick admonished, it'll blow (and the engine will stall) again.

You also need to fix the SHIFT, COMMA and PERIOD keys on your keyboard. This isn't chat or txt.

·
Modded by a Chevy Express
425 Posts
If you didn't disconnect the fuel heater as Patrick admonished, it'll blow (and the engine will stall) again.

You also need to fix the SHIFT, COMMA and PERIOD keys on your keyboard. This isn't chat or txt.
LOL

Puntuation, he's doing it wrong.

·
jrf350
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

sorry guys im not very good with a computer and not a writer i dont know what chat is and seldom text. I appologize for my lack of proper english but i do appriciate all your help thanks again. Oh yeah the first thing i did was disconect the fuel heater.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I may have the same problem with the fuse blowing on my 97 F350. Does anyone have a pic showing what exactly must be disconnected at the fuel heater before replacing the fuse?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
On a 97, you will see 3 separate wiring connections on the driver's side of the fuel bowl. From top to bottom, they will be:

The Fuel Restriction Sensor (90 degree connector, just pulls off the stud)
The Fuel Heater (funky-looking right angle spade connector, usually have to pry it off ... try not to damage the mating part, fuel heater thermostat, on the fuel bowl! If you do, it'll cost you about $45 to $50 to replace)
The Water in Fuel Sensor (way at the bottom, harder to see)

I usually like to disconnect mine by draining the fuel bowl, removing the filter, and disconnecting the small spade connector on the inside of the fuel bowl. If a couple of the pads that hold the heater element to the plate have separated, just pull the element off the plate after disconneting it. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts