Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Colorfulness Slope Font Pattern Screenshot
Nice thing about FORScan... you can log data and save it for later analysis. Here is a saved FORScan screen shot from a startup on my truck. Temps were around 60*F. One other idea... as the truck dies while idling - hook up a pressure gauge to the fuel bowl and see what the fuel pressure does while it idles and then dies. This would confirm whether or not the fuel system is in fact the problem (well still could be water in the fuel I suppose). At least you would know if you are getting air sucked in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
View attachment 204948
Nice thing about FORScan... you can log data and save it for later analysis. Here is a saved FORScan screen shot from a startup on my truck. Temps were around 60*F. One other idea... as the truck dies while idling - hook up a pressure gauge to the fuel bowl and see what the fuel pressure does while it idles and then dies. This would confirm whether or not the fuel system is in fact the problem (well still could be water in the fuel I suppose). At least you would know if you are getting air sucked in.
I wanted to let you know that I just got back in from trying the fuel jug trick and that cured my rough, shaky idle. Looks like my weekend will consist of dropping my fuel tank. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm sure I'll run into you on here again. Thanks

21 - 22 of 22 Posts