Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 4:00a.m.(est) this morning I go to start my truck and leave for work. Turn the key and ZERO dash lights come on. The motor turns over but I'm getting no power to any of the dash lights. When the problem started, the truck would be running and I'd hit the driver's window switch and it would kill the engine, but i would always be able to restart it. Recently, while driving home in these snow storms, the truck would start cutting out power to the dash and killing the engine but it always corrected itself. I'm at a loss here I have no idea what it could be. Sensor? Bad ground? Bad ecm? I need help, this is my daily driver and only vehicle.

Two brand new batteries(voltage is at 12.53 on both)
Checked fuses
Just installed a new alternator a half hour ago, but the truck won't run to test operation

It was last running Friday, noticed the volt meter was showing a little low so I went and picked up an alternator, the truck sat all weekend and now i'm having this issue.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Double check fuse #22 under the hood. If it's blown, DO NOT replace it right away. Disconnect the fuel bowl heater (single flat terminal on the driver's side of the bowl, red/green wire), then replace fuse and retry.

Next suspect would be the ignition switch and/or mechanical connection to it from the key cylinder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the heater element removed from the bowl as it was broken. I'll check the ignition switch.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Ignition switch is the first place I'd start. Then look at the fusible links by the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just replaced the ignition switch, still nothing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to update, the body connector at the firewall next to the ecm connector, maybe a 20 pin? There's a large gauge wire maybe 10ga yellow in color that is corroded, about 2" of green crap. Not sure what that connector as well as that wire powers, looking for wiring diagrams now.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
That heaver yellow wire probably goes to the ignition switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts