Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove 2004 Excursion (6.0L) to neighbor's house, stayed for about an hour, came out and it cranked slower than normal, and no start. DTC Codes are P0603, 0611, 0672, 1000. I recently had my FICM rebuilt to 58v, and the 0611 never went away. I replaced both batteries (which were bad). Still slow crank, and no start! Had it towed to a Ford Dealership. They tell me my starter is on its way out, and that my FICM is bad. (I did explain that I had it flashed 58v hence the 0611. They wanted $1500 for the work, so I towed it home.

I tested the FICM, and get 52v KOEO and about the same while cranking. Auto Enginuity says 52v. It just cant be the FICM? I checked everything I could for chaffing and couldn't find anything screaming at me. AE says Injection Control Pressure at 1275 - 2000. Desired is at 1360. IPR at 52. Also after about 7 or 8 secs of cranking my oil pressure gauge on the dash shoots half way up - HPOP is OK?

I checked all glow plug connections, fuses, fuel cut-off switch, oil level, ICP Sensor visually looks good - not oily. Secondary fuel reservoir fills when key is turned on.

Batteries are still good after lots of cranking - with a multimeter they read 12.6v. KOEO AE FICM vehicle power read 11.5. Tested GPCM Drainage by disconnecting GPCM positive lead and got about 10.5 to 11 during cranking. After cranking the batteries read 12.3v on a multimeter. With and without the GPCM connected it really sounds like it wants to start. ???

·
Registered
623 Posts
What does AE say about other FICM readings, there are 2 others. Make sure the plugs into the FICM are not loose.

Might try a reset. Disconnect batteries and turn headlights on for 15 minutes or so. That might work on the P0603 code. the p1000 will return until after a few drive cycles.

There are some chaffing issues on the glow plug harness, look closely at that.

Check BARO sensor. Will AE do that?

glow plugs arent working - TheDieselGarage.com

P0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit / Open

P0611 Fuel Injector Control Module Performance

send me an e-mail at [email protected] for some more information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts