Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Rebuilt my turbo on my 2006 6.0 and went to to start it and it ended up being a no start until my batteries died. I got them charged up and cranked it again and it started. I figured I didn’t tighten the up pipe all the way so I left it alone for the night, came back to it to the next day, I tightened the retighten the up pipe and everything else. Went to go start it again no start and my batteries are dead once again. My batteries aren’t bad, I’ve left it before for longer and it would always start right up. But then after all that I saw a very steady coolant leak coming from the passenger rear side of the block. So I checked the hoses going to the heater because I just replaced the one coming from the degass bottle and there was nothing. Then I checked the valley and there was nothing. Btw I have the blue hose with a bulletproof Egr.

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,480 Posts
Welcome to PSN!

1. Get FORScan scanning software for Fords (free) and an OBDII reader. Greatest troubleshooting tool ever!

2. DO NOT throw parts at it . . . if you must, then make them Motorcraft parts. Ford diesels are quite particular about their sensors.

3. Come back with the codes. Lots and lots of smart people here!

Please add some additional info --

Why did you rebuild the turbo? (might give clues to what else is going on)

Did you crank it without the key on (Jump the solenoid) so oil could get through the turbo first?

Check all the wiring -- something could have been bumped loose or broken when you were doing the work. This is where FORscan is a Godsend. The codes can help troubleshoot if the wiring is the problem. Guessing that wiring is the problem draining the batteries, too, but that is just a guess.

In the meantime, clean everything well. Your coolant leak should not associated with your work. Did you do anything else while doing the turbo?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I rebuilt the turbo before there was a good amount of play, I jumped the solenoid. I’ve checked all the wiring and everything is fitting how it was before but I’ll recheck again. During the turbo rebuild I didn’t touch anything else. I replaced the coolant hose coming from the degas bottle before the turbo rebuild.

·
Premium Member
3,480 Posts
You have a laptop or phone? Get the software and OBDII reader. That will let the smart guys have a few more clues on what is going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a laptop or phone? Get the software and OBDII reader. That will let the smart guys have a few more clues on what is going on.
okay it’s only throwing codes for low voltage nothing else except the vg solenoid to try to re jump start it but of course my batteries are dead still since I haven’t had time which I know it causing the low voltage.

·
Premium Member
3,480 Posts
I cannot help but believe that something is shorting out and killing your batteries, and that it is in the wiring on top of the engine. Charge the batteries completely. Clear the codes. Try to start. Read the codes.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Engine will start without a turbo, it's not your problem unless you plugged off the cac system.

Need to know cranking rpm, your batteries are probably toast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts