Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo this one stumps me dearly....

Head gaskets replaced

03 model
Ipr 56% with icp pressure @ 1790

Crank and ficm sync

Cranking was 160rpm (batteries were dying, on a charger till I try cranking again)

Fuel in the heads (cracked a line to make sure)

New FORD injectors

Newish ficm (replaced before heads)
Ficm 58v @13.5v going in and 13.5v logic

New oil cap and filter with fluid change....

So what the hell is the issue here?!?!?!

No codes and I know crank speed was low when I got the numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, 6.4 starter being brought to me now, toasted the current one

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you hear the injectors cycle when you turn the key on? I would make sure all the ficm connectors are clipped in on both sides.

Yes my friend, checked them when I checked the ficm

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I would be looking into compression. Especially since you just had the heads off. Too many possibilities. Glowplugs left out? Valve issues?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be looking into compression. Especially since you just had the heads off. Too many possibilities. Glowplugs left out? Valve issues?

No, I wouldn’t say so, head off to the machine shop and came back good, lifters compresses when Rods were pushed on.... I haven’t checked compression but we did just get the new starter on

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the starter on and still nothing, haven’t compression tested but the fuel bowl is making a hellish noise. Sounds like the regulator may not be working correctly and allowing fuel to bypass and not allow pressure to build correctly.

Gonna address that in the morning

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know both times I've had the HPO system apart I've had to crank for an ungodly amount of time to bleed air out of the HPO system.
Definitely check the fuel pressure. Gotta establish that is good.
Good luck!

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Does the ICP read zero with Koeo? I know youbsaid you have stranger noises from fuel bowl definitely investigate that just trying to cover all bases. Is there smoke out the tailpipe when cranking?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does the ICP read zero with Koeo? I know youbsaid you have stranger noises from fuel bowl definitely investigate that just trying to cover all bases. Is there smoke out the tailpipe when cranking?

Icp does drop off to zero when the engine is not being cranked. Once cranking happens it takes right off to 1700....

Fuel blow has a new blue spring and regulator installed as of 930 est and cranked over three times still nothing happening....

No smoke out of the tail pipe, but you can smell the fuel being sent through the motor....

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
If you have no smoke then the injectors aren’t opening. Are you sure you don’t have an injector that may be loose sending compression into the fuel system? Or possibly liquid fuel through engine?

If you have sufficient compression you should see some kind of smoke if the injectors are working.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
What about the fuel bowl bubble test? See if you have a bad injector.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New development!!!!

Everything so far has been based off crap data. We rechecked with the scanner and icp was 0v (I overlooked it) put a new icp in due to the bunk one we put in and now I have voltage and 22.8 psi hpo.....

Going back down to look at the hpo lines

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
After your last post, I was going to mention something seemed off with the icp. Didn't get a chance. Lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well ladies and gents, here’s the verdict.....

My co worker decided to not clip in the hpo line coming out of the stand pipe that runs to the oil rails.....

She starts now and I now know to double check others work

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Oh boy.... lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh boy.... lol