Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, have major issue with my 99 F250 7.3 PSD. Truck has just over 200,000 miles. There is no distinctive whistle/turbo spool and it seems to lag at high RPM's. When I mash the pedal there is no whistle nor a substantial power increase. There is no smoke coming from the tail pipe. I have pulled the cold side inlet tube and there are small traces of oil residue, but nothing major. The same was discovered in the Y-Pipe. Additionally there is no play in the cold side turbo shaft. All the connections seemed to be in place and on tightly. Lastly, no codes are present.

I am currently in the process of pulling the turbo, but wondering if I am being premature in that latter action.

That being said, I have four questions.

1. Is removing the turbo the correct action to take?

2. What would cause my latter issue and what would be the fix?

3. Would be mechanical or electrical?

4. Can someone recommend a reputable diesel shop in/near Clarksville, TN?

The truck is a daily driver and need to get this issue resolved ASAP.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Swamps is about an hour from you on the other side of Nashville... take it there.

·
Registered
708 Posts
There is nothing unusual about oil in your IC pipes, that's from your crank vent which vents into the pipe. If your not blowing black smoke, your turbo should be lighting up as it should.

Do you by chance have a loud hiss when you have no power?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Do you have stock exhaust? Just dealt with a 12v same deal, wouldn't spool up. The cat was plugged tight.

Just a thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts