Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes...Truck has been running great..Thanks to the help of a bunch of guys from the Nation. My issue is this...I get no smoke at anytime. Which is fine, I dont care to piss people off behind me, but I think it may be a problem in the making. My truck idles, runs, and shifts great. I have Erics Innov tunes. No CAT and no muffler. Currently running it on the street tune. But have ran it on the Xtreem Street. Even if I floor it there is no smoke prior to the turbo spooling up. I blew a boot off the cold side tube last week, had to drive it to the house....no smoke the whole trip. I can hear the VGT solenoid actuating the vanes while idling, so I know its working. Low fuel pressure? HPOP issue? I am very mechanically inclined...any input would be helpful. :ford:

·
Banned
844 Posts
What year is your truck? On my 03 I can make it roll smoke just by punching it down, which is dumb to me, I dont want any smoke period, so I just roll into it, not punch it. Im not mechanically inclined either but I know a little bit here and there. To help with the boot blowing off, you should buy the boot kit from dieselsite! Ill get it soon, I hope. It could just be a clean running machine lol! Is everything else stock on your truck except for the custom tunes n exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
It's all in the tuning. If you want to dump smoke I'm sure it's just an email away. I had the smoke on mine tuned out until I romp on it even then it's just a haze of fuel.

·
Banned
844 Posts
It's all in the tuning. If you want to dump smoke I'm sure it's just an email away. I had the smoke on mine tuned out until I romp on it even then it's just a haze of fuel.
Do you see any better performance on your truck with the tune you run? Since you dont have hardly any smoke? I kinda want to get rid of my smoke on the street tune.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I can't say it's better since I made the adjustments from day one of running the tune. I just kept calling back to get the file adjusted to my liking.

As far as I'm concerned the black smoke is un-burnt fuel so it's like throwing away money. Burn that fuel for more MPGs and power!! I get great mileage and power with the tune. Running 6" and 35's I still net 14+ in the winter months and 16+ in the summer. I get a few extra miles running longer HWY trips. I have a tuned PHP FICM as well and I'm certain it's all working great together.

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It runs pretty good on the tunes. Just wondering why I didnt get any smoke with the boot off. I agree black smoke is just wasted fuel. I just want to make sure I dont have a fuel issue. I have heard if the VGT solenoid is unplugged, it should smoke? Guess I need to get a fuel pressure gauge. My 04 blew smoke till the turbo spooled up. My fuel milage was also great on it.

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year is your truck? On my 03 I can make it roll smoke just by punching it down, which is dumb to me, I dont want any smoke period, so I just roll into it, not punch it. Im not mechanically inclined either but I know a little bit here and there. To help with the boot blowing off, you should buy the boot kit from dieselsite! Ill get it soon, I hope. It could just be a clean running machine lol! Is everything else stock on your truck except for the custom tunes n exhaust?
Its an 06 F350...4.10 gears.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Yea like Heavy Assault said, its all in the tuning probably.

Thanks for the info Assault, all I have mods wise is in my sig and I get an average of 19mpg on the highway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts