Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Ford F-250 6.0

Truck has no power, no codes, barely gets to 50 mph, anyone know what could possibly be causing this?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Need to pull the egr valve maybe the turbo is stuck unison ring could be rusted in place may need to clean need to run cetane boost in the fuel and once a week drive it like you stole it to keep things clean and working. Have you changed the fuel filters use only Ford filters need to know you fuel pressure under 45lbs will kill injectors.
2 stroker

·
matt
911 Posts
does it smoke a lot?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
What is the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine had a similar issue where i could hear the turbo working, no CEL on, and I had good boost pressure but it had NO POWER! It was a struggle to get on the freeway. For me it was the VGT selenoid on the turbo was not actuating the veins and they got gummed up. Check that out. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ian having similar issues. Bought my 03 from a 70 yr old couple . Truck is in beautiful shape but after a week of my driving turbo began to stick. One night coming home lost all power and received a p2263 code. Next day pulled turbo cleaned it. Now still no power and no CEL. Checked all cac connections and intercooler itself. I'm very new to 6.0L engines so bare with me thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts