Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 02 F350 7.3, A month ago lost power towing our excavator. Got the truck home but rattle like hell. So far we have changed out the IDM, ICP, and the IPR. New Injectors and pump from Swamps two years ago. We have check all wiring from the IDM thru the valve cover and all checks good. Swapped the PCM from another truck and checked out good. Check pressure on HPOP and reads 3000+ on cranking. We have pulled both valve covers off and have intermittent oil out of exaust ports 1,5,7. #3 nothing. Put the gage on the rear port of the rail and have 700-800 pounds of pressure. Seams everything is doing what it should but no oil to the left bank injectors. What am I missing here?? Possible plug up somewhere or at injectors?? Any help or if someone has encountered this before please respond. Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Have you checked the ground returns to the IDM? Long shot idea.... stuck check valve on the one bank? If possible I'd try swapping the HPOP oil lines and see if the problem follows the lines to verify the check valves.

Cj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ohms tested from the idm when we swapped that out and everything was within good specs. HPOP is an adrenaline so no check valves or crossover on engine. Oil is now flowing all the time thru 1,5,&7. 3 is dead. So This weekend we pulled all that apart including draining the rail and cleaned it all. Pulled 3&5 and swapped them. Suspected injector still failed. Going to replace that one. Still trying to figure out what is causing the complete stall out at 1500-2000 rpms? Idles fine and all pressures are good even with one bad injector but touch the throttle and it stalls? Any ideas?? Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Are you able to capture live ICP and IPR data? Having this information would help identify the next step as at this point I'm guessing... Are the ICP and IPR Ford parts or aftermarket?

Cj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts