Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed #3 injector on my 99.5 F-250 with 7.3. Before taking it for test drive I had pressure at idle, drive truck for about 3 to 4 miles stopped at stop sign and noticed that I no oil pressure when idling. It also seens to be low on power and running rough, could be due to air in system but not sure. Did not have the issue before replacing the injector.

·
Registered
446 Posts
by oil pressure, do you mean ICP pressure, or the instrument cluster oil pressure gauge? When you say no pressure I assume it is the one on the instrument cluster, if you had no ICP, the truck wouldn't be running. Are you sure the sensor is good? Also, the rough running is likely to be due to air in the system after changing the injector

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I changed the sending unit and the connector. i also put a mechanical gauge to the test port at the filter housing, and went for a drive. I still have the same problem, I noticed that the gauge was dropping to under 5 psi at idle. At this point, I'm even more stumped!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't think it's common for the LPOP to go bad, but still a possibility. Anybody know of something else that would cause this?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Some part of me thinks that maybe you should try driving it a little more to try and work air out of the system and see if it goes back to normal... But then again, I don't want to give bad advice in this situation. Lol. I thought somebody who knew more than I do would have chimed in by now. Try posting in the regular tech forum

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok sense my last post I attempted to drive the truck arround the block, lost oil pressure. would not build any pressure when cranking. I changed the oil and filter, no change. I installed a new low pressure oil pump and still no change. There has to be some flow from the pump cause the filter is full. the gauge I have moves very little, not even to 1 psi, but comes off 0 when cranking. I have no clue what to check/look at now.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
over fill he crankcase by about 4 qts and see if you get pressure. your pick up tube may have dropped a weld and is sucking air, or it broke off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts