Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 F250 4x4 crewcab 7.3
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the valve cover gasket and wiring kit on the driver side. I ohmed out the wires and they seem to be good. Injector 2 has oil coming out of the exhaust tube but 4, 6, & 8 does not. I do an injector fire test and all injectors fire individually. What could be the cause of them 3 injectors not exhausting oil?

·
PSN intsigator
7,340 Posts
You did an injector buzz test which tests the solenoid not the injector. You probably have bad injector orings. Is your fuel filter black? What are the codes? What is your icp pressure? Is your engine oil full? Is the hpop resivour full?

·
Registered
2001 F250 4x4 crewcab 7.3
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did an injector buzz test which tests the solenoid not the injector. You probably have bad injector orings. Is your fuel filter black? What are the codes? What is your icp pressure? Is your engine oil full? Is the hpop resivour full?
The only codes I get right now are is on cylinder 2 which has oil coming out and cylinder 6 which has no oil exhausting. I had a P1316 which started me looking at the gasket wiring harness. The engine oil was just replaced which should be full.

Code: P0264 - Cylinder #2 Injector Circuit Low
Module: Powertrain Control Module
Diagnostic Trouble Code details
Cylinder #2 Injector Circuit Low
___
Code: P1276 - Cylinder No. 6 High To Low Side Open
Module: Powertrain Control Module
Diagnostic Trouble Code details
Cylinder No. 6 High To Low Side Open

1 - 3 of 3 Posts