Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back story is I had a p0231 code so I replaced fuel pump and junction box and after I changed the fuel pump I changed one of the batteries because it was completely dead and it would turn over but did not start then and a week later I bought the junction box from a byot and now I’m getting a no crank no start batteries are 12.6 volts the starter is getting 12.3v starter relay was replaced and still got nothing when I turn the key the mileage and head unit goes off but the abs, glow plugs , battery light all stay on any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
First -- Year? Model? Assumed 7.3L? This post would be more effective in the appropriate year forum.

Back story is I had a p0231 code so I replaced fuel pump and junction box and after I changed the fuel pump I changed one of the batteries because it was completely dead and it would turn over but did not start then and a week later I bought the junction box from a byot and now I’m getting a no crank no start batteries are 12.6 volts the starter is getting 12.3v starter relay was replaced and still got nothing when I turn the key the mileage and head unit goes off but the abs, glow plugs , battery light all stay on any ideas ?
Replaced the fuel pump​
Replaced the junction box (which?)
Changed a battery​
Replaced the junction box again? (from the byot) Did you test it?​
Replaced the starter relay

Why did you replace all that? Did you test it? Did you take pictures of the wiring before swapping parts? P0231 means a "circuit failure", not necessarily the actual fuel pump. Did you test the other items? The inertia switch can be a problem.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Design

There is a small wire that goes from the batter to the ??? Used to call them "bendix" on the starter. Did you check that for continuity?​

No crank - have you tried jumping the starter relay? Jumping the starter relay with the key on?​
You have changed a lot of stuff and you will have to make a systemic troubleshooting effort.​

Reactions: Nex
1 - 5 of 5 Posts