Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Just me or is it revving slow? No more stumbling and missing and white smoke at 2500rpm but it feels like it might still have a slight misfire.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So after getting the transmission back in, it did the white smoke and misfire again, fuel pressure is reading low now, I was maintaining 40psi when it first started this, so I went ahead and replaced the pump before reinstalling the turbo, last night it was putting out 50 psi when I had checked, today after tranny install it was white smoking and missing, smoke and miss cleared up a bit but still there along with slow revving and now only 20 psi of fuel... I'll be swapping the pump out again tomorrow I guess.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wonder if you have a kinked tube somewhere. It ran fine with the engine hanging....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I wonder if you have a kinked tube somewhere. It ran fine with the engine hanging....
Well I had the engine supported while running it without the tranny to keep the fan out of the shroud, and I felt like it still had a slow revving issue, though I'm not familiar enough with these engines to say for sure. That's why I put up the video. I'm flooring it when I show the tach in the video.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I might just bite the bullet and go efuel.... and a set of injectors...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So I decided on Marty's efuel conversion, will be ordering tomorrow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
New chrome body mouldings and a buff job while I wait on efuel system.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Efuel installed yesterday after work, still having the issue, waiting for the budget to allow injectors. Any suggestions for my setup? I will eventually install an intercooler. So I'd like to go a little bigger and have them tuned down for now, no serious turbo upgrades in the near future just injectors and intercooler. I was leaning towards Full Force stage 1.5 180/30. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok, so I finally threw a resistor in place of the EOT sensor to trick the truck into thinking it was warm enough to run a cylinder contribution test and I got a code for cylinder #2 contribution. I have a FFD remanufactured stock injector on the way. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Fuel system looks nice. The resistor is a good idea. I'll have to remember that one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Fuel system looks nice. The resistor is a good idea. I'll have to remember that one.
Thanks, and for reference I ended up using like 5.1k ohms which was a little high (230⁰) but it worked.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I did the same thing for my baro sensor, used a resistor to set it at about 14.7 psi. I had bought a new one and it didn't work so I took it back and just threw some resistors in it's place lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I thought the Baro sensor was frequency based similar to the MAP sensor in the 97s.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I thought the Baro sensor was frequency based similar to the MAP sensor in the 97s.
It may be internally frequency based but as far as the pcm is concerned it's a 5v ref and ground and signal. I just put resistors between 5v ref and signal to pcm until I got 14.7 psi. Idk how the sensor itself functions, but it's converted to a 0v-5v pcm input like everything else.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I mean it worked lol

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Just for information, from the PCED:

Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor

Signal Functions
The barometric pressure (BARO) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor that, when supplied with a 5-volt reference signal from the powertrain control module (PCM), produces a linear analog voltage signal that indicates pressure.

Timing Control — The BARO signal is used to determine altitude to adjust timing and fuel quantity to optimize engine operation and control smoke throughout all altitude conditions.

Glow Plug Control — The BARO signal is one of the variables used to calculate glow plug ON time. At higher altitudes glow plug on time is increased to insure faster clean up of start-up smoke.

Detection/Management
A BARO signal that is detected out of range high or low by the PCM will cause the PCM to ignore the BARO signal and use the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) signal generated at low idle as an indication of barometric pressure.

The OBS MAP does output a variable frequency signal vice a voltage. Cheers!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Just for information, from the PCED:

Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor

Signal Functions
The barometric pressure (BARO) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor that, when supplied with a 5-volt reference signal from the powertrain control module (PCM), produces a linear analog voltage signal that indicates pressure.

Timing Control — The BARO signal is used to determine altitude to adjust timing and fuel quantity to optimize engine operation and control smoke throughout all altitude conditions.

Glow Plug Control — The BARO signal is one of the variables used to calculate glow plug ON time. At higher altitudes glow plug on time is increased to insure faster clean up of start-up smoke.

Detection/Management
A BARO signal that is detected out of range high or low by the PCM will cause the PCM to ignore the BARO signal and use the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) signal generated at low idle as an indication of barometric pressure.

The OBS MAP does output a variable frequency signal vice a voltage. Cheers!
Well it works like every other 5v ref sensor I've ever encountered. Input to pcm is a steady voltage between 0 and 5. I set it for my altitude with resistors and its working just fine. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well I stand corrected :). Hows the truck coming otherwise?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts