Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start with I have a 2004 Excursion with 145,000 on the clock. Its has been running fine... after egr cooler, oil cooler, water pump and IPR replaced (luckily under warranty). On friday i was headed home, and suddenly, at the stoplight, i lost all power. The engine is still running, but i have no power, could hardly get it to pull into the parking lot. The engine is running smooth, but there is no wistle from the turbo. I shut it down, and made some calls, Friend says its prob. the MAP sensor. After about 15 min, it started up, and ran fine back to the house. I changed the MAP sensor, and went for a drive... Same thing... lost power once it warmed up. When it does this, you can hear the turbo intermitantly.. just an occasional whistle. Someone plaese HELP!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is it smoking much at all? I'd say you blew a boot on first guess, but you should be getting more than 1100 rpm even with a blown boot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't blow black, its blowing out grey smoke.. all unburnt fuel.. I havent checked all the boots, but the ones up top are still in place. I pulled the EGR valve last night, cleaned it, and put new o-rings on. Haven't driven it yet to see if that helped... its been cold, and it seems to only do it when its warmed up.I will check it out when i get home

1 - 3 of 3 Posts