Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see a lot of talk on here about
7.3 nitrous use... My drag car is gonna be torn down this season and I'd like to take some of my nitrous kits and apply it to the deisel for a little strip fun.. I have gauges and hydra chip and riffraff wheel coming up soon.. Just need to get some knowledge on diesel nitrous use and nitrous tunes and nitrous limits on the 7.3. Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
completely different then gas application, diesel guys use n2o as a turbo in a bottle

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I guess a hot (race) tune on my stock injectors would basically max out
There flow.. Do you run nitrous? If so how much? Just curious what a 7.3 would respond to a bottle if I had the fuel to support it

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
completely different then gas application, diesel guys use n2o as a turbo in a bottle
Been run spray on drag cars for years.. I'd like to put a kit on my truck once I figure out what a 7.3 could handle and get the fuel side right

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
It would take a build, you add big injectors then you're gonna need a big turbo with proper waste gating to handle the nitrous. Need a new hpop since you only have a 15*, now you need a competition style fuel system to maintain pressure, then a built tranny to handle the power. If you just threw big injectors in and sprayed the driveability and towing would suffer and you'd prolly eat a stock turbo every night at the track by sprayin.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even a small 50,75 or even 100hp shot .. Would require all those mods to keep the motor together?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
With a set of 175/80 or smaller you could run a small shot but you'd have to be very disciplined on the street or you'd be eating turbos everyday. Its better just to build a nice set up then having to rely on a consumable source.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Even a small 50,75 or even 100hp shot .. Would require all those mods to keep the motor together?
it doesnt really work like that. on a gasser you are adding fuel and bottled air, on a diesel you just add bottled air and your injectors have to provide the fuel.
its the difference between a constant volume motor (gas) and a constant pressure motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts