Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to get my truck paid off, its a 97 f350 with the 5 speed. right now i have an exhaust an intake ts 6 position and a south bend clutch. whats my next step? whats the cheapest i can get injectors, fuel system and HPOP?? anyone want to trade any of those for a ZF trans and t case?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
next step is to learn what section to post in :poke:

cheapest injectors would be a DIY kit where you build your injectors in to stage 1's, 2's or 3's. as for a 17* hpop you could always look for a used one at a junk yard lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
First i'd say get some custom tunes on that chip if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Considering that was his first post and i remember it took some time for me to learn where everything was at. Dont worry about it.

For your question, you can get DIY kits to get your injectors built or you can send them to Rosewood or Unlimited or plenty of other injector builders, check out the vendors section for those. Also, you can start collecting parts for a DIY electric fuel system using a SD electric fuel pump or I know beans sells a kit but its a bit more expensive than doing it yourself. Lastly, Countryboyrob is right, you can just use a 17* pump from a SD to upgrade your HPOP.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
I did all my stuff for under 1500... It takes time to do it the cheap way but I think its worth it. Keeps you busy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
powerstick nick: Where are you located, I need a ZF-5. It's kind of a long shot but if I'm lucky enough for you to look close to me I'm interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
southwest michigan and yeah i have egt and boost gauges thanks just trying to decide between keeping this truck and getting sumthing different

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I think the initial cost is more for basically the same thing. If thats what you want though go for it.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Next step fill out your sig. Personally I would do an intercooler before any major increase in power. If you never tow with your truck you can get away with no IC but I don't see any reason to have all that power on tap and no way to use it. This would be the order I would do: IC, HPOP, (bigger turbo if you want stage 2 or larger injectors) Injectors, custom chip. I am sure I forgot something but.... Depending on injectors you might need other upgrades as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts