Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PSN Apprentice
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade something, just don't know what.
Don't know where to start?
Full force injectors?
Cprx with airdog2?
Twisted transmission?
Gqssb?

What would I benefit the most from? Wanting to do one purchase at a time, so I can monitor changes.

·
Simple is best
281 Posts
Well if you haven't done anything with the tranny yet, and it is stock, I would probably go there, based on what I see in sig.

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
Injectors, let the pieces fall where they may after that.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
First, I think you should ask yourself, what are your power goals? What do you use the truck for mainly? Is there a budget or do you just want to throw money at the truck?

·
PSN Apprentice
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure I have pmr's...so I want to refrain from too much power.
I don't tow any
Just daily drive & get on it every now and then
Don't have a budget, but also not throwing money.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
So lets say 425-450hp range...

some hybrids, 38r, studs, springs, pushrods, gauges, tunes...

·
PSN Apprentice
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone have experience with 238/80's & s366?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Yes. You will love it. It will be an awesome driving street truck. It may be a little too much for PMRs though, i made 477 hp with that setup. You will get better pressure from your stock high pressure oil pump if you use a hybrid with less-than-stock oil usage (anything hybrid less than 238cc is going to net more oil pressure).. If i were you i'd go with a 200/80 hybrid injector, with a 38r drop in (less work) or go for the s366 but you'll most likely need a wastegated full t4 mount kit. You will be able to get by with just a fuel system, no head studs or valve springs needed at that power level.

·
PSN Apprentice
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great feedback, whichever injectors I go with I will most likely get them tuned down for the PMR's

·
Strok'in PA
73 Posts
That's the route I'm taking more or less, have a 38r on already and just bought 238/100's... just have to see how my PMR's enjoy that combo.

·
Registered
417 Posts
just step up and get the tranny out of the way so you dont have to worry about it. then pour the power to it

·
PSN Apprentice
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just step up and get the tranny out of the way so you dont have to worry about it. then pour the power to it
That's what I'm going to do, twisted stage 2
then the rest.
It's unfortunate how we (7.3 owners) have to do so much compared to how easy a 6.4 can add more power.
Also how do you like your suncoast? Thought they were better for 6.0s & 6.4s

·
Simple is best
281 Posts
Lol... yeah we may have to do more for power... but ours don't cost $10k to fix and don't need to be fixed as often. AND we can do it ourselves.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts