Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im Kinda doin a few upgrades on my truck its a 96 F250 I just put new injectors in out of I believe a 2003 But I forgot the year there AD Injectors. Runs Way better then it did before lots more power. Dont have anything special as for tuning. Super chips programmer. Saving for a DP Tuner. Now I have the turbo up pipe and the downpipe from this other truck also. Only concern I got its fitting the 4in Downpipe from it I dont see it happening without alot of smashing of the firewall. Has anyone ever stuffed one in there. Also I want to run an intercooler but currently dont have the money to get one has anyone ever took a newer turbo and put it in without the newer style setup.

Thanks
Corey

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The 99 and up vans had an intake Y similar to the OBS since they had no room for a IC.

You will have to do some major cutting, beating, etc. on the firewall to fit a 4" downpipe. 3" is what the majority run and is large enough for all practical purposes.

Get a decent chip burnt for those split shots and you would not believe the difference.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
how is a obs running split shots? what has to be done to do this? and what kind of performance gains are we talking about here?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah plan on getting a dp tuner with programming for split shots. Got the downpipe already from a friend so i'd like to run it if possible. just looks like alot of work. like pull the motor is easiest way. However I have anothe motor in the process of rebuilding so i plan on doing it then along with the new turbo when i make the swap. Split shot Injectors made a huge difference. My old injectors were pretty crappy to begin with and i was maybe hitting 23lbs of boost wide open. Well now im hitting 38lbs of boost with a crap superchips programmer and it runs way smoother. I was also told I should run twin hpops to the split shot injectors as they take more oil to run. so that should happen when i do the motor swap too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the turbo pipe ill have to look for that piece Cause i think thats all I need unless the pedestal is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts