Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 96 F-250 with 139K! I'd like too keep it for as long as possible! the truck will be use for manly wood haul'n and pulling my 13' flat bed trailer! My question is whats better,best for a dollar too do! Shift kit, trans command, TC, pressure lock module, exchange accumulator or adding a magnfilter to the return line after the cooler?? Thanks for any opinion!!

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,060 Posts
In my opinion the best thing to do is change all of the fluid every 30,000 miles and keep it from getting over 220°F.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Don't use anything like a trans command, you could use a shift kit but a better option is a BTS VB set up for your usage. A 6.0 converter is a option. Get the biggest cooler you can fit and like others said filter and fluid every 30k.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK! a 6.0 converter will slid right in my e4od?? just a simple swap!!! I've heard and been told that you want firm quick shifts with this tranny! not the prolonged ones in the stock form! and that the long soft shifts are causing accelerated wear! is the fact or fiction!! thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
OK! a 6.0 converter will slid right in my e4od?? just a simple swap!!! I've heard and been told that you want firm quick shifts with this tranny! not the prolonged ones in the stock form! and that the long soft shifts are causing accelerated wear! is the fact or fiction!! thanks!:confused:
Call Brian's Truck Shop and get a Valve Body. Ask him about tuning the trans for the VB to get the max out of it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is Brains shop?? Im in wisconsin!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Buy a inch pound Tq wrench and change the VB yourself...then you know its done right.

6.0 Tq converter will "slip" right in. We have them..PM for prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts