Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
powerstroke Newb
142 Posts
Will3418
First I would run stage 2 injectors because it just the right amount, with all your other add ons you will reach your goal.
Second now that you're going to be adding more fuel I would upgrade the turbo too, what you do too it depends on what you can spend, I started with a billet wheel till my turbo died then put in new one.
And last yes do a fuel upgrade, I was always told that if I am going to make more power, then I have to feed the beast faster, so that is what I would do. Good luck will

·
Administrator
8,316 Posts
This is what I would do.

Pis 160/30 or pis 175/80
Kc38r with the .84 exhaust housing.
Delete pedestal
Bellowed up pipes
A regulated return or a quad feed system (it retains the stock fuel bowl but supply's fuel to both sides of the head)
Hutch/harpoon mods
4:30 gears and a truetrac in the rear. With a zf6, 37" tires, stock gears, bigger injectors, and bigger turbo it's going to be laggy. This would be one of my first upgrades if I where you.
Traction bars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what I would do.

Pis 160/30 or pis 175/80
Kc38r with the .84 exhaust housing.
Delete pedestal
Bellowed up pipes
A regulated return or a quad feed system (it retains the stock fuel bowl but supply's fuel to both sides of the head)
Hutch/harpoon mods
4:30 gears and a truetrac in the rear. With a zf6, 37" tires, stock gears, bigger injectors, and bigger turbo it's going to be laggy. This would be one of my first upgrades if I where you.
Traction bars.

Thanks. Now i just get wait for Uncle Sam to pay me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I have a motor with dual hpops 230cc injectors from a i530e engine and a 68mm 16 phatshaft turbo, is that too much for using the truck as a tow vehicle, it has arp head studs, or would anybody be interested in trading for a more tame setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The truck its going in is a 2000 f350 dually with a slightly upgraded rebuilt auto trans about 50k miles and 4.10 gears. engine also has a regulated fuel return. and supposedly fire ringed heads but i havent verified that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
So you have BD code injectors. Are they nozzled with the correct 7 hole nozzles? Nothing wrong with that setup for towing. Tuning is what makes or breaks a setup. Get some good towing tunes. Any injector can be dialed way back. I have 350cc B codes with 200% nozzles and I can pull out PW until the power level is near stock. With B code injectors you may need an upgraded Hpop to keep up. The B codes have larger intensifier pistons which require more high pressure oil. Get it on a scanner and see what the ICP and IPR% is to verify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what I did with my old 99
Baby swamps
Ts6 custom tuned by swamps
Gtp38r ball bearing turbo
4"turbo back aluminized exhaust
Headers or bellowed up pipes (headers r better imho)
Get guages! Hpop,boost,pyro,get
Terminator Hpop

With them upgrades you'd be putting down some respectable numbers

·
Mr Diesel Rx
43 Posts
If I have a motor with dual hpops 230cc injectors from a i530e engine and a 68mm 16 phatshaft turbo, is that too much for using the truck as a tow vehicle, it has arp head studs, or would anybody be interested in trading for a more tame setup.
I have a 01 7.3 with near 900hp and still Street legal and ready to pull, and lm using 400/400cc injectors

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to powerstrokenation. Purchased my first P/S S/D. It's a 94 F450 with an 11' service box. Several parts counterman have told me they didn't make A Super duty Powerstroke in 94. I tell them to call Ford motor co. and tell them that. I look forward to learning a lot and sharing my many years troubleshooting and repairing car's,light,medium and heavy trucks as well as heavy equipment. Hi to all!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to powerstrokenation. Purchased my first P/S S/D. It's a 94 F450 with an 11' service box. Several parts counterman have told me they didn't make A Super duty Powerstroke in 94. I tell them to call Ford motor co. and tell them that. I look forward to learning a lot and sharing my many years troubleshooting and repairing car's,light,medium and heavy trucks as well as heavy equipment. Hi to all!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1999 F350 7 3 dually.
I've been looking at Banks Power Equipment anyone had any good luck or a good stories to tell about Banks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,316 Posts
Banks parts are ok but their tuning sucks. And they are way over priced. A stock intercooler is actually pretty efficient.

How about you start up a new thread and I'll stop by and give some pointers.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts