·
R.I.P
256 Posts
:doh:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Dude, that thing is NOT accurate. Do what TT told you to do. Drive around and divide the miles driven by the gallons used.

Hurry. If you don't follow our advise and learn something, the stupid will consume your whole body by sunset. If that happens you will be forced to sell the Powerstroke and buy a dodge. Good luck sir.

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
Even my old lady's new car is 2-3 mile off, could only imagine what 11 years would do.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Fill the tank , click trip meter drive 100 miles or so. Fill tank.
Record what it took to fill. Then do the math.....bet it is not 30.
But good new is it should be better then it was.

It ( overhead lie o meter ) can give you an idea of performance gains or losses but usually isnt accurate after truck has been modded .

On the otherhand , they burn out easily so wont be a problem down the. Road....lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the help ill giveit ashot

·
Registered
213 Posts
well i did wat yal said and i get 24 which is not to bad i dont think

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
manual, 2wd, babying it, thats doable.

thats completely driving by the guages, driving miss daisy, grandma is a hotrod compared to you, but doable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
well wat i do is set crusie at 55 i dont hotrod really

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchased a truck and was wondering if i over paid. Its a 2000 f350 ext cab long bed lariat lifted 12in on 41in iroks, has banks turbo, banks 5in straight pipe, ats tranny, 20in xd rockstars, k&n cold air intake, banks big head waste gate, and a few other things. truck has 230,000 miles was woundering what you guys think the value is??? Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I just purchased a truck and was wondering if i over paid. Its a 2000 f350 ext cab long bed lariat lifted 12in on 41in iroks, has banks turbo, banks 5in straight pipe, ats tranny, 20in xd rockstars, k&n cold air intake, banks big head waste gate, and a few other things. truck has 230,000 miles was woundering what you guys think the value is??? Thanks
Depends on the area.........But I would say $9-10k

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
well wat i do is set crusie at 55 i dont hotrod really
I think Dave W. is barely seeing 24ish w/ 308 gears and tricked out for MPG. Could be a weird one but 24 is unlikely. I got 21 but ave 18-19 w/ my 7.3 but no matter how "gentle" i drove i could never get above the 21, which was on a road trip.
20ish could be doable for a 7.3 IMHO, tuned and running well, even w/ a mild lift. I had a 6" w/ procomp XT's and I ave 18-19 hand calculated.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Sounds like the previous owner just looked in a magazine and bought all of the overpriced stuff that came in red and black:pointlaugh:

·
Your Daddy
198 Posts
I have had my overhead reading 99.9 mpg. Reset it at the top of a long downhill and coasted.... Hand calculated 20.3 mpg best tank ever, average 16 mpg with my daily driving(heavy foot).

Matt, You have the wrong vehicle if you really care about mileage. Go trade it in for a Prius or Jetta TDI.

For the info in the first post, how about some links to posts about the items listed.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
what exactly are you looking for, and ill see what i can get, links wise.

or you can pm countryboyrob right above you, he is a sponser here, or works for one anyways, he can take care of you, if your ready to purchase.

·
burning clutches
1 Posts
hola everyone. tomorrow im buying a 00 350 4dr dually long bed. its 2wd and has the 5speed. id like to invest into the motor but not sure where to go as its my first. im used to dealing with efi's and i have a 77 250 thats been the latest project. how do i go about this and keep it drivable at the same time? its going to be my daily driver as well so i cant have downtime. that and money will be scarce for a bit obviously! any advice will be very welcomed.

21 - 40 of 155 Posts