Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would join and gain some knowledge on some 6.7s before I bite the bullet. So thanks in advance for all the information I will be learning.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I figured I would join and gain some knowledge on some 6.7s before I bite the bullet. So thanks in advance for all the information I will be learning.
My opinion would be by 13 and up u less the 11 or 12 have had a motor put in it due to he fact that the 11 and 12 had problems with main bearings rod bearings and dropping valves they r good engines that's just what I recommend from working at a Ford dealer and dealing with all the diesel vehicles that come in

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
15+ you get the better turbo. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,173 Posts
6.7 is a fantastic engine.
one word of advice: if the information center tells you to "drain fuel filter" stop as soon as safely possible and drain the fuel filter or you will end up destroying the fuel system to the tune of $10,000 when you keep on driving with the light on.
and only use ford approved engine oil in it.
just because an oil manufacturer says their oil is good don't mean squat when the engine blows because you used the wrong oil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is recommended to drain the water fuel separator once a month. I haven't seen many problems with 14 Some 15 and 16 have an issue when they go I to Regen where they will knock or run rough but there is a tsb to either program it or replace the exhaust valves on the driver side head

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
They rectified the bad exhaust valve issue after 3/30/11 so anything produced after that should be good to go concerning that issue. Of course, they all have problems. '11 through 14' some have had turbo problems. So far, my all stock '12 is still going strong, knock on wood. Lot's of folks out there with over 200K on their '11's through '14's. As with any vehicle, it's a crap shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts