Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Airboat nut
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Gents,
I just snagged a 2006 F250,4x4 , 6.0, auto, 131,000 miles, 4100 hrs this weekend and have a few questions , hope ya'll can help with.

1. There is a knob right beside the steering column , below the key switch on that piece of plastic....It appears to a aftermarket deal , like a reostat , turns left and right , no change happens when used..? Has a wire that appears to like phone jack wire into a junction then down the tranny hump...what the hell is it ?

2. I have noticed in the AM and when HOT when I start the truck it takes 5-8 seconds before it kicks over ? It always starts and runs like a champ-no smoke, or bad sounds. Normal starts as soon as you hit the switch it cranks right up, Suggestions ? Or thats the way they all are ?

3. I have also noticed in the AM the first time the truck shifts from 1-2nd it revs like you are holding it in first gear , revs and then shifts. ?
After that intial time , its fine and never does it again until the next morning?

Thanks for ya'll input , I appreciate ya'lls input and advise.
BB

·
Registered
359 Posts
all that sounds about normal i have no idea what the switch does u might just have to follow the wire and see just where it ends up

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
the starting deal is normal like the tranny deal as well the tranny deal is cause the tranny oil is cold and needs to warm up a minute as well as the starting i would try cycling the key a time or two and then start and see what happens and let the truck run about 5 minutes before taking off and see how that works for the tranny shifting too

·
Airboat nut
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK dudes , good to hear ...it runs and drives fine but those lil' quirks seemed odd....new used truck and all.
I'll chase the other end of that wire and find out where it terminates and report back.
Meanwhile back at the ranch.....I changed that big honking airfilter today, fuel and oil / filters come next , I'll do some reading on here before I go to deep.
I have no idea on service so I wanna starting point.
Thanks PSN,
BB

·
Registered
772 Posts
I believe the older banks tuners, the powerpda used a phone jack style chord to connect to the programming box.

·
Longrod von Hugendong
108 Posts
Congrats on your "new" truck. Post some pics so we can see it.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Another possibility for that knob could be for a remote bass knob for an amplifier, but they usually just have their little box with the knob and a phone wire leaving from that box

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What about some pictures of the truck man?

·
Word
608 Posts
Another possibility for that knob could be for a remote bass knob for an amplifier, but they usually just have their little box with the knob and a phone wire leaving from that box
:whs:

·
Airboat nut
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I'll get some pics up just as soon as it gets new tires today and hooked up to my Airboat for some "Glamor Shots " :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts