Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for new V code springs, and so far every site I've looked at which carry new springs don't have them. They are either out of stock or say they have been superseded. Click the replacement link and it brings you to the X code springs. Just looking to do the V/B swap on my Excursion and I don't want to go used....read about plenty of people who did and didn't like the results because the springs didn't give the lift or support they wanted because they were already worn. Then again, I wonder if a used set of X codes would be worn in enough to basically be like new V codes. Hmmmm.......

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
V codes were 2230# and the X are 2630#
That 400# is quite a bit in spring rate, but I bet the 7.3 excursion would soak it up nicely
I would not be afraid to run the X codes up front, its easy to match with a block in the rear as needed and they are going to sag anyways

Alot of people seem to be happy with their Pro Comp lift springs for Superduties mounted to excursions...prices are not bad either.
I would love to just bite the bullet and do the Icon 5" progressive rate leafs, I wish we knew their spring rates :)

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Sunrise ford or automation white bear lake will have them and they run about $500 to your door.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunrise ford or automation white bear lake will have them and they run about $500 to your door.
I'll have to check that out again....I didn't see em, but I know sometimes you have to call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts