Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do the EGR delete, oil cooler, and STC fitting. My question is should I use the kit with a new up pipe or exhaust block off plate? I don't know the advantages/ disadvantages of either.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
If you delete the EGR cooler you will need to use the new up-pipe. Otherwise mod your current pipe. Depends on which delete kit you are using.

·
Registered
76 Posts
New up pipe FTW!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you be more specific? I was looking at the IPR EGR Delete Kit and it had a choice between the two without a great explanation. Little pricey but looks well made. Thanks!

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Can you be more specific? I was looking at the IPR EGR Delete Kit and it had a choice between the two without a great explanation. Little pricey but looks well made. Thanks!
I'm not sure what the benefits are between the 2, but I just got done doing a friends truck an I used the sinister kit which came with a new up-pipe. It came with good instructions, an went together nice. Biggest pita was getting everything apart, reassembly went real easy

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
I would get the new up pipe....when i did my egr delete i used the block off plate and i had the exhaust bellow blow on the passanger side, so i ended up have to put the solid up pipe on anyways.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Use the new up pipe,
I think it is the 05 and up trucks that have a scoop in the stock up pipe that restricts flow.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
If you put in a block plate you add a point for possible failure and an interruption in gas flow. Best thing to do is put in a new solid pipe

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Zactly
I am removing the scoop and welding a plug or getting an early up pipe with no scoop and welding it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts