Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello psn. I’m looking for a new turbo for my 97 7.3. I’m trying to push 500 hp and around 900 ftlbs of torque. I have an intake and I know I’m going to need injectors, hpop, etc etc. I’m also going to manly use this for hot street and some towing. any ideas? Thanks!

·
Project Shamu
2,573 Posts
Agreed, so many different variables to what turbo you end up with, number one being, "What is your budget?"

·
Administrator
8,177 Posts
So the budget difference between 475 hp and 550 hp is huge. It's pretty much double if not more. Since you said some towing I would lean towards 475 hp "plan" which is still around $5k

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
You will also find that the higher the horsepower and torque the lower the dependency of the engine.

So if I wanted a dependable tow vehicle I would lower the HP some

·
Administrator
8,177 Posts
So again what's the budget?

Your going to have to buy a t4 kit with sxe 366 $2400. Then you have to source an inter cooler $400.
Plus the whole slew on mods for that injector including competition fuel system, head studs, valve springs, push rods, bigger hpop, gauges, tunes, plus a tranny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So again what's the budget?

Your going to have to buy a t4 kit with sxe 366 $2400. Then you have to source an inter cooler $400.
Plus the whole slew on mods for that injector including competition fuel system, head studs, valve springs, push rods, bigger hpop, gauges, tunes, plus a tranny.
I really don’t have a budget. This is a truck that I want to be working on for pretty much the rest of my life. So basically whenever I have the money, I’ll buy the parts or whatever I need

1 - 9 of 9 Posts