Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest tuning database updates that Mick had mentioned last week are in the process of being uploaded to our web server now. I'll give everyone a quick run-through of our latest changes and upgrades.

Job 1 210HP Tow Performance is fully repaired and running great. Performance and feel is very similar to the mating Job 2 and up files.

Job1 310HP transmission tuning has been recalibrated- users should find torque converter lock to be much crisper and aggressive, along with shifting more stable and predictable. There is a BIG improvement with this latest change that I think you guys will like:thumb: It won't negate the benefits of our upgraded TCM for Job1 users, but it will help put extra power to the ground and keep the trans alive longer under abusive use.

310HP files for all trucks have been tweaked to reduce bucking and surging during load changes- but please note that the only TRUE fix for such bucking with high HP tunes (even with any brand of tuner) is properly installed traction bars, as the root cause is rear axle wrap.

All customers with a Level 3 License (ie, 310HP tune) will now see a full set of EGR delete tunes from 40HP to 250HP (275 and 310 are already EGR-delete compatible) to work with both full EGR system deletes (such as Elite Diesel's kit) or blocker plates (such as Cobb's kit). These files will correct all tuning issues with these kits and prevent any check-engine lights. All users with a 310HP will automatically receive this upgrade during the update, and any new tuners or new 310HP purchases will receive it automatically likewise- all free of charge:thumb:

For anyone who isn't familiar with the update process, just see the FAQ's on our website for instructions and technical assistance.

Matt @ Spartan

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Sweet great job matt. im glad to hear everything is working out. i talked with mick thru email and said that the flash update for manuals is still in progress. if so how far off is it from being completed.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
It still says on the site that

"Matt is in the process of compiling the new Tuning Files. I will post here as soon as they are finished"
, Im assuming once that notice goes away we should have the new files available?

·
Spartan, True Performance
120 Posts
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the tcm tuning files have not been updated yet. We should have them posted hopefully by Thursday...

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the tcm tuning files have not been updated yet. We should have them posted hopefully by Thursday...
Mine dont work anyway, i think i need to force a TCM file in...but thanks for the update i was just noticing that they werent done, alot more files to work on. The new updates must be alot bigger, taking alot longer to download then the last time.
WOW!! I loaded up the 210 Tow Performance tune and I have decided in less than 5 miles of driving it will be my daily driver. The shifts are the best I've seen yet and the converter lock-up is unreal with this tune. Great job Matt and Mick!
Good to hear i might have to give it a try...

·
120 Posts

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
The size of the file is 168MB, so if you have a small sd card extract the files while it's on the computer, then copy the tuning files folder to the sd card.

Tech Support - How do I update my Tuning Files?
just getting them from the site to my computer is what is taking so much time, i dont remember how big they were before, but im only like 27% done now and its been like 20 min :hehe: im so inpatient

·
120 Posts
Use to be 128, only 40 more MB. If your truck is a job 1, then you really need to try out the 210 tow tune. I still have it on my truck and it's really a nice tune..... You can always change back to the stock tcm and give it a try..

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Use to be 128, only 40 more MB. If your truck is a job 1, then you really need to try out the 210 tow tune. I still have it on my truck and it's really a nice tune..... You can always change back to the stock tcm and give it a try..
I will have to give it a try, i dont have a stock TCM, buying a new one by the end of the new week.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
The download took forever, got the 310 loaded, ill let everyone know how it works tomorrow, i dont get the bucking issues anymore, but the tip in will tell me alot :D, pretty cool, DPF-on files, then DPF off files, race files, then EGR files, my old 250 never thru EGR codes, but maybe the cause of my smoky cold starts :shrug: never thought of that :doh:

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
So even if mine says that Matt is in the process of compiling new files I should ignore that since they are ready?

Also I never uploaded the strategy flash software so if I click on the update for the stock TCMs will it upgrade to that as well?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
So even if mine says that Matt is in the process of compiling new files I should ignore that since they are ready?

Also I never uploaded the strategy flash software so if I click on the update for the stock TCMs will it upgrade to that as well?
You need to update it first, click on the frequently asked questions, go to how do i update to strategy flash follow thoughs instructions then download the newest set of tunes with the TCM if you have a TCM or clikc on the first set if you DO NOT have a TCM

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts

·
120 Posts

If you have the Spartan tcm, you might as well wait till the tcm tunes get updated. Hopefully that should be done sometime Wednesday.....

1 - 20 of 72 Posts