Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got a bully dog gt tuner on my 2003 7.3L. And as far as I've seen on here it's a p.o.s. But I've never ran another tune or rode in another tune. I don't want to tear my truck up with my bully dog, so I'm interested in looking into a new one, but I like the DTC trouble codes on the bully dog. Is there another safe chip with that DTC capability? Just need some reccomendations please.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Maybe if you went with php and used their edge cs or cts.... But I would recommend a ts chip or SCT and a monitor or gauges (not saying anything against php)... If you some pricing on tuning let me know

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I would do a search on here.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i would sell that one.... and spend the money on a 6 pos chip(ts style) and an egt guage. i would go with php if it were me only because he does test his tunes on pmr motors and tunes them with that in mind.... thats the only reason i go with them....well that and Bill realy knows what hes doing with these 7.3s.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ok, I've got a bully dog gt tuner on my 2003 7.3L. And as far as I've seen on here it's a p.o.s. But I've never ran another tune or rode in another tune. I don't want to tear my truck up with my bully dog, so I'm interested in looking into a new one, but I like the DTC trouble codes on the bully dog. Is there another safe chip with that DTC capability? Just need some reccomendations please.
Buy a scanner for codes and a 6 pos. switch for tunes. Switching on the fly is the cat's ass.
If it's at all possible, schedule time with your tuner of choice for live tuning. That way, it can be tuned with your likes and dislikes taken into account. Streetabilty is important in this. Any tuner drives differently than you do.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Keep the dog to read codes, and get a chip.
Just another option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a friend that wants to buy it, the only problem is I didnt buy the chip, my dad did, i been trying to talk em into me sellin it and payin him back but I'm not sure how well thats gonna go through. He thinks all chip choices are opinionated. But I've decided I can't stand the way the mofo shifts, and I've got 38's on it so I'm really scared it's gonna screw my tranny. I just need some more reasons from y'all on why to change chips to show to my dad, if y'all could do that for me!?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I've got a friend that wants to buy it, the only problem is I didnt buy the chip, my dad did, i been trying to talk em into me sellin it and payin him back but I'm not sure how well thats gonna go through. He thinks all chip choices are opinionated. But I've decided I can't stand the way the mofo shifts, and I've got 38's on it so I'm really scared it's gonna screw my tranny. I just need some more reasons from y'all on why to change chips to show to my dad, if y'all could do that for me!?
He is right thqt certain people like certain tuners better.
But everyone would agree that a dp,di, swamp, gearhead, cales, php,bean, ortony wildman chip is better for your truck then the bullydog. Especially in tranny shifts. Any one on that list will not steer you wrong.

There are subltle differences in thier tunes, and depending on whichsite your on thier will be a general favorite..ie some sites like wildman, some dp, some gearhead...etc.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Why waste money on an SCT when you can get a 6 position for less AND switch tunes on the fly. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
SCT is more of a 6.0L thing, no one really writes tunes for the 7.3L on the SCT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts