Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the gauge set that most people are running now? I have a set of Autometer gauges in my OBS truck, but I would like to put a set in my 2001 F-250.
I keep seeing degital sets and some that plug into the OBDII Port.

Also this used but new to me truck has ZERO mods that I can see...

Does it have a CAT stock?

Are the Brake Rotors supose to have slots cut into them stock?

·
Registered
607 Posts
So what is the gauge set that most people are running now? I have a set of Autometer gauges in my OBS truck, but I would like to put a set in my 2001 F-250. trans temp, turbo boost, and exhaust temp
I keep seeing degital sets and some that plug into the OBDII Port.no idea sorry

Also this used but new to me truck has ZERO mods that I can see...

Does it have a CAT stock?would think so crawl under it and take a look
Are the Brake Rotors supose to have slots cut into them stock? NO

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
The ones that plug into the OBDII port are the scan gauges, Joey from terminator engineering has them.....

AS far as I know you shouldnt have a CAT, and if you do, cut it off

Stock rotors dont have slots in them

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
if i were to do it again i would have gone with the scan gauges from terminator (joey) not only good customer service but really nice gauges that are affordable and you definately get your moneys worth with all the functions the setup has.

·
Hoosier daddy!
1,700 Posts
If were just talking about a nice set of guages, I bought mine from ITP... The pillar came assembled... Trans, Pyro, Boost and all the neccesary tubing, wire and sensors. It was a pretty easy install and the guages look and work great. Dennis at ITP had the pillar that came with the kit painted the same as my interior so it matches just right. :redspotdance: Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered a set of Optix gauges from ITP with the 3 gauge post and matching paint!

I will get 2 scangauges going down the road above the mirror...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
572 Posts
my 2001 manual tranny had what is often referred to as a "cat"
was more of a soot catching screen

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
Ordered a set of Optix gauges from ITP with the 3 gauge post and matching paint!

I will get 2 scangauges going down the road above the mirror...

Thanks guys!
Good choice I have them in my wifes truck.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
im runing the dipricols in mine right now and they are a really nice guage

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
i ordered my 4-gauge pod ( DiPricol -tranny, EGT, boost, HPO)from dennis at ITP fully assembled and painted, great customer service, and the install was a breeze

dieselmanor also has good deals on ISSPRO gauges

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
We have special Nation pricing on Dipricol Optix series guages. Fully assembled and pre painted. Give us shout if you have any questions.
I have the 4guage pod with the optix guages egt,trans,pyro and fuel press from GOH and it was a good price. Thay seem like nice people and thay ship very fast.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If you're interested in more than the basic gauges, take a look at the new ISSPRO Performax line:
http://www.isspro.com/performax.php

They're more expensive than the basic gauges (if you're only running pyro boost & trans temp), but they take much less time to install. If you add HPOP pressure and fuel pressure, then the price is about even with the competition (and an even bigger difference in installation time).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 14 of 14 Posts