Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new truck....the 2000 in my sig. The truck seems to have some tasteful mods front and rear slotted rotors, 3" procomp dual shock lift, harley edition headlights, a banks big head actuator, and a few other mods.

My question is this, I hate banks, is the big head good for anything on a fairly stock truck?? I have a Dp tuner that i havent installed yet...too busy.

And should i assume that the truck had a tuner before from the BHA, or would someone with too much money throw one on a cherry truck?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the BHA on my fairly stock truck. It works well. It is the only Banks product on my truck. At the time I purchased it, there were no other options. It is pricey for what it does, but it performs well. I have an exhaust, ATS housing, AFE intake, Jody's tunes, etc. No big power helpers like injectors or a large turbo.

As far as knowing whether or not the truck was previously chipped,, you can look at the PCM and see if the coating has been removed. If it had a programmer, that might be a little more difficult to tell. There might still be some codes stored if the previous owner did not clear them before he sold it.

Don't take the BHA off because of the name, it works well if adjusted properly. Pull the sticker off if you can't stand to look at it:D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Get a van turbo with no wastegate and forget about it. :redspotdance:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i am used to working on my non-waste gated OBS, and grew up with 12valves......Does anyone have a good link or know how to adjust this to help with a stock truck.

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
Easy way is to use an air compressor equipped with a regulator. Use the air compressor tip with the rubber end and trigger. Depending on where you want to set it add another 2psi or so to allow for some pressure drop through the hose. For what it is worth I have mine set at 28psi other say 25psi is the limit for the stocker. Push the rubber end of the tip against the inlet to the actuator apply pressure via the trigger. Adjust the actuator until the desired opening pressure is met.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts