Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so from reading on here i have noticed a lot of people with the 08 super dutys have trouble while i hear very little about the 09-2010 trucks having problems?? Should I steer clear of 08's why so many problems with them? Bad programing?

thanks very much

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I honestly don't know but i had a 08 F350 King Ranch and it was in the shop ALL the time!!! I just got rid of it last year in July for a 09 F350 and not a problem this it (knock on wood) i love this truck. My 08 had 104,000KM on it when i got rid of it, but i had problem right from day one PCM, tranny, exhaust sensors lots, weird noses, turbo ect..... I would stay clear of the 08 and find a 09 or 10 that is my thought!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have an 08 and have had "0" issues, never been back to the dealer after I purchased it, I think maybe the first ones did have some isssues (Job 1), mine is a job 3, you will find a bad ones in all the years, watch this post and I beat you will see folks that have issues with 09/10's as well.

·
Registered
521 Posts
08 Job2 no problems yet. 16,500ml.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can find some really nice deals on 08's like lifted crew cab 6-speed lariat with all leather and moon roof rims and tires with 40,000 miles and they want 36,500.. but i really dont want to end up with a turd. my friends uncle has had two now an 08 and 09 both almost never leave the dealer. the 09 blows the intake off the turbos when he lets off the fuel and then it dont start so he has had like 3 sets of turbos and 2 brand new engines. 08 well everything was wrong with that truck

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
08 Job 1, 0 issues, Reflashed at dealer under recall and ran better than new with less obvious regeneration. The minute the warranty expires I'm poking this sleeping dog!

·
Registered
2 Posts
08 job1 only issue was oil leak on the back of the motor. Cab off repair, other than that, hope to not jinx myself, it has been great!

·
PSN Local
89 Posts
I've got an 08 job1 as well and have had zero issues with 70,000 miles. Its been spartan tuned since 55,000 with the 275 and 310 only.

·
Registered
400 Posts
2010 still pretty new though.. prob around 2000 mi on the clock. 0 problems except the stupid tpms sensors since im running my aftermarket rims and tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts