Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
psychoSOCIAL!!
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im gonna ask some dumb but serious questions? im running a jody tune 120r as the top, and regulated fuel return set to 65psi, high psi x hose, S&B stage 2 intake with a custom ram air tube, 4 in ss exhaust all the way out, and just got my new tranny done. im also putting the fass fuel from di on . with these mods and keeping the stock injectors, would big oil be a gain? or should i wait to do this untill i get new sticks and rods?:ford:

·
Needs more hours per day
1,781 Posts
Personally, I think BO helps even with stock injectors. It did for me anyway when I was still running stock injectors. The torque came on sooner and the power didn't fall off nearly as bad on the top end. Other's have different opinions, but I would say it will gain you more useable power across the RPM's, but the peak power won't be that much higher.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
the only way your going to get a big gain is with an injector mod or change . big oil will gain some ,mostly give you a flater power band .
You have plenty of fuel mods to handle the supply, and get rid of some cackle, but stock injectors can only flow so much. so to realyy gain more fuel you have to open the nozzles up. you can either have your stock inj's extrude honed for some mild improvement, get a set of diy injs', or replacement stage one or 2's (with pmr rods ) hybirds will work but you have to get them detuned. just my 2 cents

·
psychoSOCIAL!!
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well thats what i thought, i want to do the big oil, then save some money for a good short block and in jectors, i guess i figured that idalready have most of everything done when i start saving.:postwhore2:

·
psychoSOCIAL!!
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah!! what kind of oil runs in the resorvoir for the oil system?????:doh:

·
"mad cow" member
642 Posts
motor oil, supplied by the lpop.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts