Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i have a ATS tranny and just installed it today.at the first test drive around the block and it was shifting great.i had to get some fuel and while filling up i looked under the truck and had a little drip of fluid coming out of the front line,checked the fluid level and it was full so i went by a buddy's house on the test drive and borrowed a line wrench from to tighten it up.i got it snugged up and when i left the tranny wouldn't shift out of first,tried it several times and same thing so i manually shifted it and it does fine then.i let the tranny cool off for 2 hours while went out to eat got in the truck and it was shifting like it was supposed too until i go hot again and it started doing the same thing.i have checked all plugs and the have current to them.could this be a bad syliniod pack?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
If its changing shifting patterns in accordance with fluid temps, it sounds internal to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got it fixed today.it was a bad selenoid pack.got 1 from a buddy that works in the parts dept. at the local ford dealership.

·
"mad cow" member
642 Posts
Did you install an inline filter?
Why didn't ATS fix it?

Brand new trans and the customer has to work on it to get it to function properly,, daayyuumm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well guys the durn thing went to acting up on the way today and lets just say i didnt make it home with the truck.i am fed up with this tranny and the service that i am getting from them so i will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges for the tranny and i will get another from somebody else.i will let ya know what comes of this.not even 300 miles on it and it bites the dust.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
There was no way a solenoid pack would cause those problems. Its either on, or off, no in between. I wish you luck with the dispute.

FWIW, you should stay far away from ATS..

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
well guys the durn thing went to acting up on the way today and lets just say i didnt make it home with the truck.i am fed up with this tranny and the service that i am getting from them so i will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges for the tranny and i will get another from somebody else.i will let ya know what comes of this.not even 300 miles on it and it bites the dust.
FYI you may want to read your warranty info before you dispute charges otherwise you may find yourself out a lot more money.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I apologize that you're having problems. let me know who you're talking to, or have been talking to, or who you are, and I will be happy to help you how ever I can.

·
Registered
220 Posts
who did you speak to at ATS BEFORE you worked on the transmission? who sold you the transmission? did you buy it direct?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was no way a solenoid pack would cause those problems. Its either on, or off, no in between. I wish you luck with the dispute.

FWIW, you should stay far away from ATS..

we hooked the ford scanner up to the tuck and watched what the tranny was doing and that was what it was calling for.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tranny problems. Was the trans brand new? Did you do everything to ats' specs?

Call up Brian at BTS, hell get you taken care of and hell stand behind it if you do have a problem.

:whs:

·
Registered
220 Posts
why didn't you just call ATS rather than try to guess what was wrong if you do not know much about the trans? call ATS, see what they can do to get you going quickly, rather than go out and buy a whole new transmission from somewhere else. it doesn't seem like you have even told ATS there is a problem yet you post a bashing thread saying they won't help you. give one of the tech guys a call and get it sorted out before you screw it up more and you lose any hope of having a warranty.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts