Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im gonna put in the 6.4 tranns and im wondering what converter u guys would run i was gonna go with PI but man they went up in price alot!!

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I had a PI converter in my Trailblazer SS. Broke the snout (pump drive) and they stood behind it no questions asked. They are a top notch company. BTS uses them exclussively which says quite a bit as well.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No u have to tell them if you want 6 or 8 bolt from what i was told. They are a little over 1000 bucks...I hope i can just get a 6.4 flywheel and use my 6.4 converter.But no one seems to be able to give me a good answer.I dont think many people have done it.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
No u have to tell them if you want 6 or 8 bolt from what i was told. They are a little over 1000 bucks...I hope i can just get a 6.4 flywheel and use my 6.4 converter.But no one seems to be able to give me a good answer.I dont think many people have done it.
If you put the 6.4L flex plate with the 6.4L converter it will work.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!!!:bowfast:Thank you. Wonder what one costs from ford...

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really!!! Damn thats cheap! the stock converter was only like $300 from ford...Not to bad i guess. I was just gonna use a PI converter but i tought they were $600 or so from what i read in old posts not $1100..Im sure they are worth it but i just dont have the funds right now I barley have enough for my sticks and new turbo and with buying the fuel system and AD II funds are tight!!So man i hope it under $100 that would be SWEET!!:D

AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
100 Bucks for a flexplate should be here 2marro

·
Registered
78 Posts
So someone school me. What are the benys to go to the 6.4 tranny? All the wiring plugs?:bowfast:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The converter is a little stronger from what i understand and a few other upgrades Nothing much as far as i kno

·
Registered
84 Posts
So let me get this straght. From the posts here you can get a 6.4 converter and flex plate from the dealer for $400. And they can be used with no other modifications on a 6.0 truck. Is this correct? Does any one know for sure if the 6.4 converter is any stronger other than being an 8 lug front cover.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will let everyone know how it works...the old one is coming out now!!! Gonna get the AD II and the RR Done while i have it in the air...Those back head bolts are close to the uppipes were the fuel dead heads!!

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I will let everyone know how it works...the old one is coming out now!!! Gonna get the AD II and the RR Done while i have it in the air...Those back head bolts are close to the uppipes were the fuel dead heads!!
:hehe:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya Ya...I know im gonna take the uppipes off because im doing my egr delete 2marro too!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts