Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a bunch of spots where we farm that old houses or buildings use to sit, and the ground is littered with rocks and other things. for as long as I can remember we have gone out there every year and picked up rocks for a couple hours before we planted it, so this year dad finaly broke down and bought us a rock picker. we had a little time to play with it yesterday so I thought I'd show it off

it is still fairly labor intensive, we had to work the ground several times becasue it dosent work very well in stalks or with a lot of dirt clods but at least we feel like we are improving it now

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Always nice to have a new toy:D wish i coulda had one of those for those times when my dad would make me go pick up rocks, when i was lil,out of the field for workLOL

·
cattle farmer
1,456 Posts
we have one for the skid loader its nice cause i can lift it over dirt clumps etc..

but nice buy thats better than picking up a rock in the combine

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
I picked up a "box" load in my teryx a couple weeks ago. In one of our fields, it could very well be a limestone quarry.... basically I kept driving cuz I didn't have the ambition to drive back and forth to pick up a dump truck worth of rocks...lol :D

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
i think im going to invest in one soon.... that or a rock buckeet for the bobcat.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah that's pretty cool. Its gota be more efficient then walking around just pickin up rocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts