Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 6.4 F250 and had a question about the egr delete. I bought one from one of the sponsors here and it has 4 block off plates and a brass 1/4 barbed straight which looks to be used to bypass a water line. I dont have time to put it on right now and I was told you have to take the cooler completely off to get it blocked with this kit? I see that another place has a block off plate for $35, which looks like it is just a single plate to block it off at the EGR Valve at one place. Im not sure if I am understanding the $35 plate kit, does this just block it off downstream of the egr cooler near the front of the motor? Wouldnt this cause it to dead head and just build up heat in the cooler? What is the best thing to do? What is the easiest way to get to the rear egr flange and block it off, or am I wasting my time trying to do this? I am about to put on the dpf delete and tuner on the truck and dont want to crack or screw up anything. I appreciate the help-

·
Registered
683 Posts
Why dont you just delete the egr and colors completely? Its a much better option.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Block off plates do just what they say. They block the air from recirculating through the coolers back into the intake. You still have the coolers installed and they could still potentionally fail causing damage. It will require a tuner. The EGR delete like you have (better option) will completely remove the EGR Coolers and stop the flow of air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts