Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a question i have a 2003 6.0 Powerstroke and i bought the truck 6 months ago its been well taken care of.... everything on this truck is stock till i got a hold of it. so with that said these are the things iv done
*deleted the EGR
*Upgraded the Hpop
i also have gauges. for Boost,Pyro,fuel pressure
so far i use a programmer (hypertech) it was given to me when i bought it
has 115hp and 200 ft ib tourqe
i was thinking about putting a smoke switch in it but it dident work i cut the blue wire and hooked it all up but nouthin happen so i rewired it and im just going to leave it alone because i dont wanna mess up the turbo or truck so im going to leave it alone.
so with that said does anybody have any suggestions on how i can upgrade my truck with power speed and lots of black smoke??? Everything on this truck is stock so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sct tuner
Innovative custom tunes (smoke tune)
I will say just cause it has smoke doesn't mean it's got power
It just means your turbo sucks

·
Registered
868 Posts
You want it to smoke? Go buy a Cummins

2005 F350 CCLB FX4

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Black smoke does not signify "Power" more or less black smoke means you have an absolutely terrible Fuel to Air ratio. All you are doing is dumping off un-burnt fuel, killing you injection pump, shortening the life of your injectors, costing you more money, and not to mention looking at single digit fuel Econ. The best thing you can see coming from your exhaust is heat waves, this means you are burning as much fuel as you put into the cylinders and being as cost effective as possible. Black smoke is for the kids. Please for your sake and the diesel world's reputation, don't be " That Guy". I wish you the best of luck. BTW none of that was intended to attack you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This thread is still young but I can't believe nobody has recommended the plastic bag mod

·
157 Posts
Hahaha my buddy did that on his Cummins and wrecked is air filter!! Haha Funny post

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont roll coal all day everyday i do it somtimes... but i could care less about coal rolling i just wanna upgrade my truck to make it fast and powerful. this is what im going to do to it next month
*ARP Headstuds
*afe cold air intake
*BPD oil cooler

·
157 Posts
Good idea with those upgrades. I hate when I blow smoke, it makes me feel like I should put more money into fixing that...I try not to look so I can save some cash!!

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Black smoke does not signify "Power" more or less black smoke means you have an absolutely terrible Fuel to Air ratio. All you are doing is dumping off un-burnt fuel, killing you injection pump, shortening the life of your injectors, costing you more money, and not to mention looking at single digit fuel Econ. The best thing you can see coming from your exhaust is heat waves, this means you are burning as much fuel as you put into the cylinders and being as cost effective as possible. Black smoke is for the kids. Please for your sake and the diesel world's reputation, don't be " That Guy". I wish you the best of luck. BTW none of that was intended to attack you.
Tell me more about this injection pump

·
157 Posts
That should be lift pump, but the idea is the same. The more fuel you attempt to push through it over what it can handle (hence the black smoke) the more strain it puts on the device, exactly why company's like Air Dog make after market pumps and fuel systems to be able to handle that much NEED for fuel. I think of it as trying to shove the square block through the triangle opening...it just won't work...(unless a hammer is in reach) and you need to swap out that triangle hole to fit your massive square block.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts