Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got out of a cummins and into a 6.0l. i have done tons of EGR coolers and oil coolers and head gaskets so for upgrades im obviously going to do ARP studs and black onyx gaskets, EGR delete and replace my oil cooler, im already running a sinister coolant filter. my oil pan is the only part of the truck that is rusting so i figured id pull the motor and do everything at once. this truck is my daily driver and will be sled pulling at every local event. im looking for 450-500hp safely. what kind of advice or input do you guys have besides deep pockets?

any and all input is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Other than what you mentioned:
Fuel system (I prefer airdog)
Injectors (I've been using warrens work very well)
Turbo (powermax should so the job but ideally I like a non Vgt)
Gauges

You can pm me for prices and discuss sizing of turbo and injectors.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
:whs: and get a monitor or gauges or something to monitor the important stuff. You can find all the things to monitor by searching on here the two biggest though are engine oil and coolant temps to watch that delta to see if your oil cooler clogged on you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i checked the EOT and ECT on the ford IDS that we ave at work and the temps were within 15degrees of eachother so i threw a sinister coolant filter on their to clean up a bit. it was also about 60 degrees out when i check the temps so they might be a little off.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
ECT and EOT needs to be checked at op temp @ 60MPH

and no to BO head gaskets... IMO

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you guys recommend for a chip?

·
Registered
306 Posts
SCT with custom tunes

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont do BO head gaskets?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so OEM gaskets with ARP studs is the way to go?

·
Registered
922 Posts
as for injectors and turbo if you wanna sled pull im thinkin that a non vgt would be better but thats just me. I would use warren diesel for your injectors. you can contact that guy at the top for more info on prices but jess does sled pulls himself so im sure he can get you going where you wanna be! i would also recommend a regulated return if you are going to be doing that so that you can keep your injectors happy runnin WOT

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Black gaskets seem to be bad luck for everyone lately. 2 yrs on mine so far, but hopefully next year I'll pop them purposely. :evil

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah I popped the BO gaskets on my 6.0

·
Registered
427 Posts
The BO gaskets that went into my truck last year only lasted 6k miles running just a tow tune.
When I had the OEM gaskets installed this fall you could see where all 4 cylinders on one side had been leaking.
Can't be sure if it was the BO gaskets, the prep on the heads (or lack of prep) or the guy turning the torque wrench the first time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow. well i know i will be the on preping my heads, block, and the one with the torque wrench. plus i plan on pulling the motor out to do it because i have a rusty oil pan, which really makes me mad because not one body panel on the truck, including under the truck have any rust. just the stupid oil pan. so i figured id pull it out and make things semi easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts