Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Stroker owners. My name is John Terry. I live in Lapeer Michigan. I am a new Powerstroke owner and as my forum name would lead you to believe, I am indeed a GM man and a huge fan of the Duramax. I am NOT, however, one of those dumb ####s that think that the Duramax is a gift from god and cannot be faulted and is the only diesel engine worth having. I just liked it the best out of the rest. I was (past tense) one of those guys that swore that he would never own one of those head gasket blowing failure stricken 6.0 Powerstrokes. But here I am with one in my driveway. It wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for the fairly good deal that I got it for. I figured I’d drive it for a bit and sell it to double my money. But once I started driving it I started to like. So I started poking around on different forums and learning that the 6.0 isn’t the devil, it’s just a little miss understood. Don’t get me wrong, I still prefer the Duramax but I am opening up to this whole Powerstroke thing lol.

The truck is a 2004 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 with just shy of 216,000miles reading when I bought it. The only thing it’s got for performance mods are a 4” turbo back exhaust, Billet torque converter and Red line clutches in the trans. The trans was just rebuilt at 210,000 miles. At about that same time the front end was almost completely over hauled, add-a-leaf put in the front springs, new u-joints on all the shafts, new breaks on all 4 corners, new front drive shaft assembly and it got new 285-75-16 Good Year Wranglers(which I can’t frickin stand).

I am looking forward to learning more about this engine combo and I thank you all in advance for your insight, guidance, opinions and help..

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Welcome from Olivet. You probably missed the gtg in Howell yesterday. Don't worry I'm sure there will be another within the next month or so. Just keep an eye out on here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome fellas. Do we have a good shop in the area for tuning and such. I have heard many great things about Hallas Performance in the Romeo Richmond area. Anyone have any experiance with him?

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Thanks for the welcome fellas. Do we have a good shop in the area for tuning and such. I have heard many great things about Hallas Performance in the Romeo Richmond area. Anyone have any experiance with him?
Mike knows a thing about 6.0s......hell just search his name on youtube and Im sure you will find is blue single cab and orange single cab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts