Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
3" dp 4" straight pipe. open up the intake. turn up the injection pump a little (only with a pyrometer) adjust the wastegate (only with a boost gauge, would recomend over 12-14 psi on factory headbolts).

·
Trailer Trash...
603 Posts
The best thing you can do first off, is to Read, Read, Search, Read, Search Again, And Read some more. There is a ton of info out there, and if you are curious about something, do a search for it first. There is quite a few knowledgable guys in the IDI world.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
Hard to search for something you dont know exists tho. But ya like 96f350psd said. 3" down pipe, nice big straight thru exhaust. Get a boost and pyro and turn the pump up and adjust the wastegate up. There are compressor wheel/housing upgrades you can do as well.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What everyone else said. Lol. But anyway, expanding on what black dawg said, sca's are what is in anti-freeze to prevent cavitation to your 7.3. A 7.3 idi is somewhat prone to it. Also you can use iirc industrial extended life anti-freeze so that you don't have to worry about your sca levels and it lasts a lot longer...

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
also take the "power strokin" sticker off. disgraces idi's LOL LOL

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oh and as far as fuel enhancements, you can get a injection pump upgrade and injectors from either Ken at Dps or from a guy named Agnem over at OB. They both have decent products.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks every body for the reply. i have been looking everywhere for idi stuff. hope fully guages by christmas, then i wanna do a 4' to 6' dual black stacks. lol yea i got it with the sticker i thought it was cool even thou its not a real powerstroke

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
yea its a nice sticker, would look better on my truck LOL. i like stickers :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
How much power are you wanting to get from your idi?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol.....got another question my oil pressure gauge is on low, um truck starts like crap was wondering if the gauge could be broke and would i have a oil pump problem? if i said that right to understand

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
the factory gauges are junk. get a mechanical gauge on there and see whats going on. these engines dont require alot of pressure just alot of volume. starting like crap is probably from air intrusion or glow plugs. throw a set of new (beru/motorcraft only) glow plugs in there and a new return line kit. that should get you starting good. how long is your wait to start light on for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinking about going with the 4 gauge set up glow shift has oil boost egt and tranny...not long at all once thats off the battary light flashed about 10 times with the clicking it does then ill crank it over?

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
when its really cold outside it should stay on a good 15-20 seconds. i would check the glow plugs. really easy to do with a test light. with the aligator clip on the positive side of the battery remove each connector one by one, and touch the gp with the test light. the ones that light up are good. the ones that dont are bad. with bad gp's the wts light wont stay on very long.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
no problem. also plugging it in will help it start. dont plug it in tonight, and see how long it the gp's stay on. tommarow night plug er in and see how she starts. if it starts good plugged in then its probably gp issues.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
i have been looking everywhere for idi stuff.
I assume you are talking about aftermarket, the reason youre not finding it is, it virtually doesnt exsist.

lol yea i got it with the sticker i thought it was cool even thou its not a real powerstroke
Not a real powerstroke he says... lol that IDI is the psd's papa.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
hi i have a 94 f350 reg cab 8ft bed idi with factory turbo auto has 170,xxx on it 4x4
wanted to know about any mods i can do with it make it alittle more quicker...
thanks
The best advice I can give you is to ask yourself what you fully expect from this truck and how you're going to use it. These trucks are outstanding daily drivers and hard working farm or construction trucks What they're not is hot rods. . Like Racn said, bone up on the available info. Find the builds that are making the power your after and learn from their failures and successes.

Welcome to the Diesel Hobby! :ford:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts