Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! just joined up & I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. What is the rectangular box underneath the dash on the far left next to the park brake pedal? My gut says ECU, but I've been known to be wrong. I'm trying to figure out how to get past this box so I can replace the park brake handle assembly, since mine was nice enough to break into a few pieces. 2001 F250 SD Ext. cab w/ 7.3 Powerstroke & 4R100 AT. Thank you in advance for all the assistance & wisdom! :rockwoot:

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
welcome to PSN.
that is the vehicle computer.
to remove it you need to remove the screw out of the center of the plug under under the hood, then remove the 3 10mm (if i remember correctly) screws that hold it in place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid I was right.... :surprise: Are there any special considerations or is it okay to unplug it & plug back in as long as the truck is off?

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Make sure the keys are not in the ignition. Some people also unhook the batts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for those tips, I would have never though anything of the keys being in the ignition! :surprise: Unhooking the batts is a great idea too, just for that pesky safety thing! :grin:

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
The key in the ignition actually wakes up the computer. Then you unhook it and it fries it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, she's finished! As soon as I get a data cable for my new phone, I'll upload a pic of the new Park Brake Release. Thanks to everyone again! :rockwoot:

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Sweet thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts