Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what’s up I’ve been lurkn for a few days decide to make a account. I just bought a 97 7.3 from a buddy for 2000$ it’s a extended cab longbed 4x4 with a 5 speed transmission it just had the clutch and glow plugs done. I don’t know anything about diesels other then 7.3 are basically the best ever made I want to know what my first mods should be air filter injectors ex. I’m currently deployed over seas so I won’t be driving the truck for about 6 months. Just looking for a start in the right direction thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Two main questions that must be answered first, and we can better help you:

1) What is your intended use of the truck: Heavy Tow pig, daily driver w/ lighter towing, street rod, race truck or pull truck, etc?

2) How big is your budget for modifying the truck?

With these two questions answered, we can point you in the right direction without wasting time or money, and not doing things more than once.

P.S. May also want to copy this into the OBS (1994 - 1997) section, but we can still help here as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum and the diesel world so please excuse me if this is the wrong forum to post this in... so I just purchased a 97 f350 7.3. The motor is a newer motor with only about 80k on it and a new rebuilt heavy duty parts tran. With shift kit, has swamps Single single shot injectors, has a 99 turbo and a performance intercooler on it. My intentions are to do a interior swap eventually but I would like to know what would be the next top three things y’all would do for performance. Thank y’all, and looking forward to this world and this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts