Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Austin. I recently Purchased a 2005 Ford F-250 diesel w/54000 original miles and one previous owner who was an elder gentleman who had used it for little things around the house and pulling his camper.and have heard good and bad. I have heard "money pit", Garbage, Great running motor, Perfect stock. My plans are to keep my truck as stock as possible with only the necessary aftermarket engine components. I have all the power i will ever need i have no desire for a power hungry ticking time bomb. I am aware of the more than obvious troubles with the Egr Cooler and oil coolers. Suggestions on [Egr delete vs. High Flow Egr cooler] and [Coolant to oil cooling vs. remote Coolant to oil cooling vs. Air to oil cooling.] And if there is any other Problems needing immediate attention. I have heard these are great trucks if they are cared for and you attend to these problems from the begining. Suggestions? :)

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,836 Posts
welcome! looks like you did a fair job of research so far. about the egr delete, are you in an emissions testing state? if so then that narrows it down! else, when you delete, you'll likely want some form of a tuner to turn off the CEL on the dash. i think that 05-07 will give a CEL for insufficient egr flow after deleting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts